A technical CPA with GAAP and ideally IFRS needed for a Manager of Technical Accounting position of a privately held firm.
- Follow authoritative accounting literature (FASB, EITF, SEC) and document impacnew t of accounting pronouncements on the business.
- Assist with any joint venture accounting
- Provide accounting guidance, develop and update accounting policies and write "white paper" positions related to business transactions and resulting from new business or product offerings. Accounting position work may include topics related to acquisitions and dispositions, consolidations, impairment analyses, foreign exchange, restructuring, revenue recognition, guarantees, capitalization of costs, lease accounting and others as necessary.
- Complete initial review of the new revenue recognition standard, Revenue from Contracts with Customers, develop adoption strategy and prepare the presentation of the strategy to the board of directors.
- Monitor accounting updates on a regular basis and provide summaries of new pronouncements / guidance, as well as an assessment of the impact on the company.
- Work with the business unit accounting teams on key accounting issues, pressure testing proposals to ensure all potential options are considered, including technical accounting research and preparation of position papers.
- Represent the finance department on the policy steering committee recommending updates to finance and other policies.
- CPA or Chartered Accountant (CA) a must.
- International experience a big plus.
- Pharmaceutical industry experience a big plus.
- Not looking for someone at these levels: VP, CFO, Sr Director, Controller.