11 - 15 years
Posted 179 days ago
Senior Manager of Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting - 938850
USA, CA, Sunnyvale
Apply Apply with LinkedIn Share
Senior Manager of Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting
- Oversee the highly complex technical accounting function including all significant transactions (excluding revenue), identifying, analyzing and applying technical guidance, drafting policies and multiple memos, and providing training to internal finance and accounting groups.
- Lead the financial reporting function including external reporting of all 10-Q's, 10-K's, proxy statements, earnings releases and other forms of SEC financial reports; as well as internal/management reportingas required
- Be a trusted business partner and work closely with various stakeholders within Finance and across the company including Investor Relations, Legal, FP&A, Global accounting, Statutory reporting, Tax and Treasury.
- Assess and document the accounting impact and required disclosures for significant events and transactions, including significant contracts, acquisitions, debt and equity offerings and other matters.
- Monitor and implement new accounting pronouncements applicable to the company.
- Work proactively with external auditors to drive timely closure of technical accounting matters and support finance teams to ensure proper accounting and disclosure along with documentation of accounting memos as appropriate.
- Ensure policies are prepared and maintained in a timely manner
- Provide guidance to operational finance teams to ensure significant transactions are properly accounted for and disclosed- Maintain effective and SOX compliant internal controls in relation to the processes managed.
- Ensure consistent compliance with US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance, CPA required
- 12-15+ years relevant experience, with a combination of Big 4 and public company experience.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of US GAAP and SEC Regulations.
Skills & Abilities:
- Exceptional technical accounting proficiency
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Strong organizational and multitasking capabilities
- Ability to constructively manage employees.
ABOUT JUNIPER NETWORKS
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Our products and technology run the world's largest and most demanding networks today, enabling service providers, enterprises, and governments to create value and accelerate business success. Everyday our 9,000+ colleagues come together across 46 countries to realize our company vision - Connect Everything, Empower Everyone. We are innovating in ways that empower our customers, our partners and ultimately, everyone, in a connected world. These customers include the top 130 global service providers, 96 of the Fortune 100 and hundreds of public sector organizations.
WHERE WILL YOU DO YOUR BEST WORK?
Wherever you are in the world, whether it's downtown Sunnyvale or London, Westford or Bangalore, Juniper is a place that was founded on disruptive thinking - where colleague innovation is not only valued, but expected. We believe that the great task of delivering a new network for the next decade is delivered through the creativity and commitment of our people. The Juniper Way is the commitment to all our colleagues that the culture and company inspire their best work-their life's work. At Juniper we believe this is more than a job - it's an opportunity to help change the world...