The Senior Manager of Talent Management will drive the development and implementation of talent management initiatives within a specific division, corporate function or line of business. This role is critical in helping develop and deploy our strategic talent and leadership pipeline objectives to ensure Vail Resorts is identifying and growing talent and our overall leadership pipeline to effectively deliver on our organizational priorities. This role will develop, coordinate, and execute initiatives aligned with our Talent strategy. This will include involvement in strategic talent initiatives including leadership competency development, performance management, goal setting, talent pools, succession planning, continuous listening and leadership development. We are looking for someone who will be data-driven, strategic and solutions oriented who can collaborate to drive business value leveraging our talent strategy, enterprise-wide programs, tools, processes and data. This role will build and lead a high-performing team of 2 talent management professionals.
The most successful candidates have the following traits and competencies:
- Thinks strategically, applying business insights to formulate and drive Talent solutions that achieve organizational effectiveness.
- Makes informed decisions and measures the ROI of talent investments through the use of data and analytics.
- Proactive approach developing a robust talent, diverse pipeline for the future, able to design talent solutions at all levels of maturity.
- Confidence to have a strong point of view and express it even if it proves unpopular.
- An ability to build long-term, trusting relationships with cross functional partners.
- Supports the professional growth and development of employees across all levels of the organization.
- Champions the culture, while embracing regional and cultural differences in working styles.
- Strong learning agility. Enjoys and excels in environments where he/she must tackle and solve new and increasingly complex strategic business challenges and issues—incorporating the newest ideas, technologies, and approaches to business.
- A brave, ambitious, and passionate leader who is comfortable in his/her own skin while also demonstrating a high level of emotional intelligence and self-awareness.
- Partner directly HR Business Leaders and the Talent Management team to align talent programs to business strategies.
- Evaluate impact of talent management programs/initiatives and use data driven expertise to provide solutions to division, function or line of business HR Partners.
- Executes Talent solutions with excellence, such as: Leadership Talent Review, Performance Management, Talent Analytics, Engagement and Retention, Internal Talent Pools Assessment Selection and Development
- Conduct internal consulting to analyze and assist with leadership pipeline development needs.
- Evaluate and support program best practices to ensure there is enterprise-wide adoption, knowledge sharing and consistency.
- Track program successes through metric driven information and make recommendations for enhancements to programs based on data insights.
- Leverage HR technology for process, administration/facilitation and communication.
- Design effective and efficient communications to keep all stakeholders connected, informed, and on track with talent program solutions.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge and understanding of Vail Resorts policies, code of ethics, mission, vision, and values.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, OD/Leadership, HR or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years HR, business or project management experience, preferably in a medium-large company or consultancy, 2+ years managing others preferred
- Experience defining talent program requirements and using data to inform strategy and process preferred, not required
- Experience delivering cross functional projects and leveraging HR technology, program and/or project management
- Demonstrated ability to use sound judgment in decision-making
The budgeted range starts at $100,000 - $126,000 + annual bonus. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks and benefits include
- Free ski passes for employees
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Accrued Sick Time
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food (including $5 meals), gear, and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Excellent training & professional development
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus…
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (only available once eligible employees work 750 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents