ENERGY FOR WHAT’S AHEAD Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We’re working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently. About Transmission and Distribution Southern California Edison’s (SCE's) Transmission and Distribution Organizational Unit (T & D) is responsible for planning, engineering, constructing, operating, and maintaining transmission and distribution facilities throughout the 50,000-square-mile territory. T&D is the steward of roughly $19 billion in assets that safely and reliably deliver electricity to 14 million residents via SCE’s 5 million customer accounts. Position Overview The Senior Manager will provide leadership to the group that is focused on reliability studies, cable center of excellence, and development of apparatus and system solutions to improve system reliability. The Senior Manager is responsible for managing the Engineering Support group, comprised of about 20 employees, including Engineering Managers, Engineers, and Project Managers. This position will report to the Principal Manager of Apparatus and Standards Engineering organization. Responsibilities may include:
- Establish the roadmap for the Reliability Studies sub-group for the Engineering group.
- Operationalize Reliability Roadmap of Optimal Design
- Provide leadership in identifying the focuses of studies, dedicating resources, holding engineers to take accountability to meet studies objectives and timeline, and presenting to the leadership team across the company.
- Manage the engineers assigned to the Reliability Technology group. Work closely with the Reliabilities Studies group to turn these study results into actionable plans. Research and benchmark to seek for technology solutions to improve reliability indices. Communicate to the appropriate levels to get buy-in for technology deployment.
- Manage the quality, resources and communication for the Cable Center of Excellence (COE), Value Engineering and Substation Infrastructure Replacement (Sub IR) functions including organizing the group, prioritize the work load from transmission, substation and distribution, and assign appropriate level of resources and commitment to complete these work requests.
- Work with the Managers from the Cable COE and Sub IR/Reliabilities studies groups to articulate the reliability areas and map out the action plan to improve reliability caused by cable failures.
- Support management team on engineering strategic planning and direction.
- Routinely interact with Managers and Directors of Engineering, SC&M, DC&M and Procurement.
- Create and maintain a safety conscious work environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science or related technical discipline.
- Seven or more years of technical experience in distribution, substation, and/or transmission engineering.
- Five or more years managing or supervising an organizational unit, or team.
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Business preferred.
- Typically possess ten or more years of experience in engineering or technical equivalence.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple broad scope disciplines and organizations, including engineering, construction, districts, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with process governance and capital project scoping.
- Demonstrated experience mitigating issues to develop and implement changes as appropriate.
- Demonstrated experience presenting to senior management on plan recommendations and approvals.
- Demonstrated experience engaging in the actual work associated with standards and process governance and directing the operations of the root-cause analysis, material procurement and publications.
- Must demonstrate the ability to integrate work across relevant areas, develop the business and services to enhance customer satisfaction and productivity, manage risks appropriately, develop and execute business plans, manage information, and provide exceptional service to internal and external customers.
- Must demonstrate effective resource and project planning, decision making, results delivery, team building, and the ability to stay current with relevant technology and innovation.
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Position will require 10% traveling and being out in the field throughout the SCE service territory.
- Relocation may apply.