This position is responsible for developing and managing strategic and tactical pricing programs for Lift, Season Pass (Epic Pass), and ancillary service (eg. Ski School) products. This role will lead cross functional initiatives including price testing, pricing research, revenue forecasting/modeling, reporting, competitive intelligence, and go-to market plans. This leader should have a proven track record as a high potential talent demonstrating drive, ambition, business acumen, and emotional intelligence.
- Own, manage and drive pricing strategies that support key business objectives across lift ticket and season pass lines of business for specific resorts.
- Partner with senior leadership (including GMs at Vail Resorts), marketing, finance and operations teams on product development, new product pricing, product price positioning, go to market plans, operational execution/fulfillment, forecasting and model development.
- Design and implement pricing tests to assess revenue opportunities, track performance, and recommend long term actions based on results.
- Work closely with the Analytics, Research, Finance and other stakeholders to develop and conduct appropriate analytics, adding rigor to existing methodologies and developing key metrics to enable pricing optimization.
- Develop and distribute periodic reporting including price performance, price/mix analysis, benchmarking and other information that provides context related to pricing strategies and tactics.
Why you'll love this role
- Vail Resorts is an incredibly fast-growing company at the forefront of the Travel and Tourism industry – redefining the ski industry in the 21st century
- The opportunity to be part of taking our Strategic Pricing capabilities to the next level– growing the pricing team and having significant impact on the business
- Direct exposure to senior leaders of the business (CEO, CMO, broader Executive team) – a unique opportunity to team with our business leadership
- Leveraging strategic analytics is a core pillar of Vail Resorts' strategy moving forward – a critical driver of our success leading to a strong willingness to invest
- All the free skiing / riding you and your dependents can handle – free Epic passes, discounted lodging and retail
- An ability to derive key business insights from data
- Preferred: An MBA or Masters+ in Finance, Marketing, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics or Statistics, with a focus on quantitative analysis.
- A proven track record over 5 - 7 years in B2C
- Bachelor's degree in related field (Business, Engineering, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Marketing, or Mathematics) preferred
- Proficiency in Excel, Tableau or similar visualization software, and PowerPoint
- Experience managing and manipulating large data sets and some proficiency with Alteryx or similar 'big data' software
- Preferred: Experience with statistical analysis, regression modeling and forecasting, data mining, financial analysis, dynamic pricing, demand modeling, digital A/B testing, price testing and customer/product segmentation
- Preferred: Experience solving complex and large-scale business challenges
- Preferred: Alteryx, Advanced Tableau and Excel skills; forecasting, predictive modeling software