Senior Manager of Software Engineering
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Manager of Software Engineering
Capital One is actively seeking experienced Managers with expertise in detailed technical design and development of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. Successful candidates will have hands-on experience of building APIs using Java technologies with responsibility for overall delivery of software components. As a lead engineer, you will own end-to-end delivery of software components from inception to production and provide technical leadership/supervision to other engineers. Although there are some people management aspects of this position, you are still required to be 100% hands on.
- Owning project/service delivery
- Writing best quality code
- Perform complex engineering activities for performance tuning and monitoring
- Collaborating with other platforms tech leads to ensure integrated end-to-end design and delivery
- Work with business partners, architects, and other groups to identify technical and functional needs of system and determine priority of needs
- Supporting QA during testing, and owning implementation to production
- Proactive monitoring of applications and services
- Identifying gaps and taking actions to completion
- Leading other engineers
- Presenting at communities of practices
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military Experience
- At least 8 years of SDLC experience using Java EE technologies for middleware and back-end Integration
- At least 5 years of experience in developing RESTful APIs
- At least 5 years of experience in leading teams
- At least 3 years of experienceworking with relational databases
- 4+ years of experience in Cloud technologies AWS, Azure, OpenStack, Docker, Ansible, Chef or Terraform
- 4+ years of experience in Build and CICD technologies lSVN, GitHub, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus or Sonar
- 4+ years of experience in Quality Assurance technologies ATDD, Selenium, Cucumber, JUnit, SoapUI and Postman
- 4+ years of experience in Unix Shell Scripting
- 4+ years of experience with HP Diagnostics, JMeter, Splunk, BlueStripe, CloudWatch or Zabbix
- 4+ years of experience with Agile methodologies Scrum, SAFe, and Kanban
- 2+ years of experience using scriptinglanguages Ruby, Python or Perl
- 2+ years of experience with Open-Source or public GitHub projects
- 2+ years of experience using Spring or Jersey for deploying on public cloud
- 2+ years of experience leading other Software Engineers
- Certified in Java, Spring or AWS technologies
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization at this time.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.