Our client, a multi-national organization is seeking an experienced financial professional to join their team, located in the San Francisco Bay area, to work in the capacity of Senior Manager of Shared Services. The chosen candidate will be responsible for managing the General Ledger Accounting operations for numerous entities served by the Shared Services organization while maintaining the highest level of integrity and responsiveness for both internal and external customers. The role reports to the Global Director. The ideal candidate will possess a depth and breadth of experience supporting and managing a shared services organization within a multi-national organization coupled with strong leadership skills to manage centralized and decentralized functions.
* Provide leadership, inspiration, management and motivation for a team of up to 10 direct reports and an international group of indirect reports.
*Collaborate with the Global Director and Global Process Management leader in setting the strategic direction for the organization while driving world class operational performance.
* Ensure the team achieves optimal balance between cost, efficiency and service delivery. Manage projects aiming at standardizing and improving accounting processes.
* Oversea the timely, complete and accurate preparation of financial statements in accordance with US GAAP.
* Coordinates and manages all NA and selected global closing activities within the parameters of monthly close guidelines, including internal and external auditor commitment.
* Ensure performance of proper reconciliation of all G/L accounts and integrity of financial statements.
* Oversea and manage the Intercompany process, ensuring that the terms of the Intercompany Policy, Transfer Pricing Agreements & Settlement procedure is adhered to in a timely and accurate manner in line with month close guidelines.
* Maintaining an exceptionally strong internal control environment (SOX) to ensure compliance to standards and risk is mitigated.
* Confirm proper treatment and compliance of all accounting transactions and policies.
* Act as an SME or manage and execute on special projects with cross-functional business partners, peers and business controllers.
* Effectively partners with other members of the Finance function, the region and corporate to balance client?s expectations with team?s resources and workloads.
*Partner with Global Process Management team and other regions to align best practices and operations.
*Responsible for best practices implementation.
* Ensure reporting of key metrics and SLAs are maintained.
Best Industry ? Ecommerce, Retail
Best Department ? Accounting, Finance
Bachelor?s Degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance is required. MBA is a plus. Active CPA designation is required.
7?10 years of related accounting experience with a multinational company is required.
Minimum 5years of experience in manager with direct reports and hire/fire responsibilities are required.
Hands-on experience in managing general ledger and intercompany is required.
US GAAP or IFRS and compliance experience is required.
Experience leading and managing a team of 5 or more direct/indirect reports, domestically and internationally is required.
Self-motivated, high energy, ability to cope with tight deadlines
Team player with deep passion for perfecting the end-to-end experience across a diverse set of teams is essential in this role.
Strong MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, MS Project, etc.) is required.
Strong presentation skills are essential in this role.
Up to 20% Domestic/International Travel is required.
US Citizens or Green Card holders only apply. No H1b visa sponsorship will be offered with this position.