At Samsung Electronics America, we take pride in the creativity and diversity of our talented people – they are at the forefront of everything we do. Their skillset and mindset drive our continued success. Only the resilient and resourceful thrive in the daily dose of unexpected at Samsung. We unapologetically push to achieve unforeseen potential in everything we do, both within the workplace and at home. We fearlessly face challenges head-on, conquer the unconquerable, and are comfortable living in the uncomfortable zone. Together we make the impossible possible. Because at Samsung, we Own the Unknown.
Are you ready to #OwnTheUnknown? Join us.
The Samsung Digital Operations team, part of Samsung Electronics America, is looking for a Sr Manager of Risk Management. This role will lead our efforts to identify and mitigate Risks to Samsung's eCommerce Sales and operations through risk identification, performance monitoring, analysis and process improvement. The right candidate will be passionate to stopping bad actors and protect Samsung's customers, adept at solving complex problems, deal with a lot of ambiguity in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. They will also be responsible to develop functional expertise in risk analysis and management within the organization as we continue to expand the team.Role and Responsibilities
- Manage risk analyst(s) across locations and setting long term strategy and vision to the Risk management organization
- Lead daily/weekly/monthly assessment of risk monitoring rules to evaluate effectiveness, identify enhancements to improve fraud detection capabilities and reduce false positives.
- Continuously evaluate the Samsung's platform for risk factors and develop strategies to manage them through data analysis and models
- Provide leadership to the risk management function including goal setting for the risk analysts and program manager within the organization
- Partner with operations, business, product, engineering and vendor teams to develop, modify, and implement risk management programs
- Facilitate weekly Risk assessment meeting with all stakeholders and identify areas of improvement
- Responsible for performing analysis of fraud trends and patterns to identify opportunities for process and systemic improvements to optimize risk/return tradeoffs
- Develop risk mitigation strategies to support the different channels within Samsung's digital platform
- Work independently and cross functionally to provide outstanding customer experiences
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors in Engineering, Mathematics, or other quantitative field
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in operations or business intelligence
- 4+ years in risk management and mitigation preferably in an eCommerce environment
- Experience in an eCommerce and/or Digital Marketing environment
- Familiarity in building reports and visualizations using Tableau (or similar BI tools)
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Excellent communication and data presentation skills
- Experience managing teams, across global regions
- MBA or Masters or in Analytics, Statistics, or other quantitative field
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Experience creating process flows, procedural documentation and business reporting to include KPI measurement