The Senior Manager, Technical Project Management is responsible for managing and guiding a diverse program of 30-40 distributed resources (business analysts, developers, quality analysts, etc.) to ensure consistency of processes across multiple scrum teams. The Senior Manager acts as a process owner, partnering closely with the Technical Managers, Product Owners, and Scrum Team Leads to achieve success against a defined set of desired business outcomes. This role will be assisting in the transition of a large financial client from a stringent waterfall methodology to Agile development practices.
- Assesses maturity of process and provides pragmatic/flexible recommendations to improve results as they relate to quality, speed to market, transparency, and adherence to business objectives.
- Maintains a deep understanding of resources available to capitalize on strengths and minimize weaknesses, ensuring the right skills and mind-set hold the right positions on the team.
- Collaborates with Program Management team to plan multi-team capacity to shape program roadmap and help prioritize initiatives based on capacity, dependencies, and business objectives.
- Tracks and manages risks at a program level including the appropriate strategy/timeline associated to acceptance, mitigation, or avoidance.
- Leads program-level planning ceremonies such as Sprint Planning, Sprint Retrospectives, Program Stand-Ups, and other relevant ceremonies.
- Supports the Product Owner in ensuring program backlog contains a healthy amount of groomed work for prioritization into upcoming sprints.
- Creates a consistent flow of information to clients, the team, and internal leadership on achievements, challenges, and corrective actions required to optimize successful results.
- Serves as a guiding force on the governing committee responsible for resolving conflict, providing best practice recommendations, and removing impediments.
- Resolves internal and external dependencies and ensuring alignment across partners/clients results in timelines free of bottlenecks.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to Agile standards (story writing, grooming, estimating, etc.)
- Continuous evaluation of people, process, and tools associated to delivery, providing recommendations to adjust where necessary.
- Responsible for managing and optimizing capacity, velocity, quality, and business outcomes.
- Delivers results in an environment of trust, respect, and collaboration.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills, including the ability to influence a wide range of stakeholders across all roles and levels.
- Analytical and data-driven mindset to facilitate individual and team-wide decision making.
- Ability to communicate technical/complex information both verbally and in writing to all audiences.
- 5+ years project management experience, with a focus on Agile Methodologies, specifically implemented using Scrum.
- Complete understanding of both the underlying infrastructure of the system and the individual application requirements to facilitate providing technical input into the development of the system as appropriate.
- Experience in the management of complex product development and delivery.
- Experience as a Scrum Master for at least 2 years.
- Meticulous organizer of time and tasks.
- Experience in successfully delivering large/enterprise size projects, ability to make independent decisions, ability to lead teams, ability to stay calm under pressure and multi-task.
- Experience in working and communicating effectively as a part of a team, balancing needs across stakeholders and technology teams.
- CSM certification is strongly preferred. PMP certification is a plus.
- Atlassian Suite experience (Jira, Confluence, BitBucket, Bamboo) is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Oracle databases, web development, Cognos Reporting, and Unica campaigns is a plus.
- Knowledge of approaches and techniques in the Agile space such as:
- User story-based requirement model
- Story Pointing/Relative Sizing Techniques
- TDD (Test Driven Development)
- Continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD)
- Automated testing
- MS Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint; MS Project or other project management software; Visio or equivalent.