This position is responsible for managing the daily printing and mailing production, material management and directly responsible for two departments consisting of a Supervisor, a Lead, a QC Associate with teams of approximately 10 FTE and a flexible temporary staff. Along with administrative tasks related to a management position, this role will also will work with management to set production priorities; workforce and resource scheduling; process improvement and documentation; internal and external audits; quality control; inventory management; coordination with internal management, facilities and developing a strong working relationship with the USPS and overnight vendors. Work closely with other Epiq Print & Mail facilities on a national level to meet client requirements and DR contingencies.
- Oversee a team responsible for work flow including handwork, machine inserting, sorting, and other print production work to consistently meet client deliverables and organizational targets.
- Provide regular situational (detailed) reporting to Client Services and Operations management and the Executive Team on status, throughput and department productivity.
- Work with direct reports to continuously review and update department operating procedures to maximize efficiency and ensure ongoing improvement.
- Staffing management for 2 departments of 10 + employees and temporary staff, including strong management of overtime.
- Performance management of full time staff including ongoing coaching and feedback, disciplinary actions, annual objective setting and reviews and individual development plans for top performers. Coach employees, train employees, conduct performance reviews
- Maintain company standards, ensuring employees conduct aligns with company value. Always ensuring Epiq upholds and maintains safe and adequate work environment.
- Apply knowledge of USPS rules and regulations for mailings.
Job Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years' experience managing a production team with proven accomplishments to exemplify ability to meet the expectations of this position.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the experience in presenting to senior management.
- Ability to lead others through intelligent decision making processes.
- Experience in Printing and Lettershop production environment required.
- Knowledge of USPS rules and regulations preferred.
- Strong Computer skills- Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite.