Guild is hiring a Senior Manager of Operational Analytics. As the Senior Manager of Operational Analytics you will partner with our Operations leaders and lead a team of data and decision scientists to improve our students Guild experience.
As Senior Manager of Operational Analytics, you will:
- Work closely with Operations leadership to translate business needs and problems into analyses. This could include uncovering a problem, identifying data sources to quantify the problem, synthesizing findings and solutions, analyzing the business case and tradeoffs, and managing the implementation of recommendations.
- Act as a player-coach alongside a team of data and decision scientists, producing insights, analyses and recommendations to improve performance, drive growth, and improve operational efficiency.
- Develop frameworks, approaches, solutions and recommendations that effectively and efficiently address the most impactful opportunities and challenges for Guilds Operations teams.
- Effectively manipulate and analyze complicated data sets, including structured and unstructured data, to deliver value to Operations teams, and work with Operations and Engineering teams to collect new data as needed.
- Lead a world-class team of analysts who are responsive to our business partners needs, and are capable of working with data, performing complex analyses, and developing recommendations and strategies which drive our business forward.
- Effectively explain analytical findings and recommendations to business partners, and advocate for the use of data and analytics in our strategies.
- Act as a thought partner to data and decision scientists, helping to prioritize initiatives, formulate analytical plans, and operationalize the results of learnings from complex analyses, including A/B testing, NLP, segmentation, and other predictive models.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 8+ years of experience in an analytics role, including familiarity with Operations teams in a sales or CRM environment
- 5+ years managing high-performing technical and analytical teams
- Strong technical and analytical skills, with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven business experience with a scripting language like Python or R, SQL, as well as Excel/Google Sheets, BI Tools (Looker a plus), and Sales Force
- Analytical, intellectually curious, excellent problem-solver who is comfortable working with messy and unstructured data and translating it into strategic recommendations.
- Extreme comfort presenting to and interacting with senior leaders, with the ability to win over strong personalities and reconcile competing points of view through data-driven storytelling