This Senior Manager of IaaS role is perfect for a forward thinking and visionary leader to inspire and guide our platforms and systems teams. You will aggressively and continuously evolve our computing platforms portfolio while supporting systems and infrastructure in a highly virtualized, global environment. You will partner with peers to provide the correct platforms and solutions to meet each need by leveraging a mix of on-prem, hybrid and cloud solutions.
You will manage vendors as extensions of the team, guaranteeing active, aggressive involvement of next-generation technologies and remaining active in the technical community. Additionally, the functions you will manage are highly technical, progressive in adoption of new technology, globally distributed and are also actively engaged in the technical community
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Manage Infrastructure in both on-prem and public cloud environments
- Guide and mentor a team of 15-20 professionals in a fast-moving, global company
- Engineer enterprise class compute platforms and supporting systems.
- Oversee administration of server, storage, backup and recovery, directory services and supporting systems
- Manage the automation of systems deploy, build and operation
- Responsibility for all networks (wi-fi, office networks and interoffice/distribution center connectivity), internet, telephones, compute, storage, data centers and most of the underlying infrastructure components (such as authentication, name resolution, IP address, certificates, etc.) that keep our applications, office and stores running
- Comfortable delegating to subordinate managers/contributors
- Capable of managing and mentoring highly accomplished, technical talent
- A Servant Leader
- Eager to create and improve, versus simply maintain. Think startup mindset
- Open and truly interested in change; adopting better options, embracing new ways of doing what you do, wherever new ideas originate
- Always thinking strategically
- An understanding and ability to administer varied Infrastructure verticals, including storage, network, recovery, systems monitoring and directory services
- Proven experience with systems automation and orchestration in a virtualized Windows environment
- A good understanding of Public Cloud migration, DevOps practices, Infrastructure as code, deployment pipelines and automations used in modern, cloud-first practice
- Experience creating actionable strategy and delivering high quality, effective and supportable platform and infrastructure solutions for enterprise class, multinational companies
- A relentless pursuit of continuous improvement and automation, working seamlessly with other teams in and outside the Information Services organization to drive adoption
- Leading edge knowledge of key technologies, including: virtualization, on-prem and cloud compute, storage and replication technologies, continuous delivery, orchestration and automation systems.
- Interest in developing and leveraging vendor relationships with key partners including VMWare, EMC, Cisco and Microsoft.