The Global Business Unit Finance team’s overall mission is to provide trusted and insightful financial information to enable the executive leadership teams to make effective decisions in maximizing VMware’s ROI. This team also has a strong focus to enhance the quality, efficiency, and scale of financial information produced, through process improvements, financial tools, and automation.
We are looking for a strategic finance leader to join our Global Business Unit leadership team. This highly visible person will require the ability to form strong business partnerships with senior business leaders across the R&D and Sales organization to effectively execute and support the Company’s objectives to transition to the Cloud. He/she will also own key financialprocesses that will have impacts across the growing VMware Cloud Provider Program. This person will be responsible for communicating and presenting key insights and recommendations to the Finance leadership team. Here’s a summary of this opportunity:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following.
- Build positive relationships with GBU finance, Engineering, Sales, Revenue Accounting, and Product Marketing.
- FP&A Lead in handling R&D budget. Oversee all business planning initiatives in collaboration with the Geo and BU finance teams.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness in bookings & revenue forecasting, reporting, and analysis.
- Collaborate with Revenue teams to provide insight and review Revenue actuals and forecasts for BU products.
- Inspiring leader driving metrics for enhanced business monitoring & growth visibility.
- Financial owner for pricing & packaging modeling highlighting bookings growth and competitive analysis in collaboration with product marketing team.
- Strong communicator, collaborating on business performance evaluations with business leaders to build effective strategies and operating plans, with focus on execution. Strength in succinctly explaining transactions and business impact to VMware Senior Executives
- Lead and mentor junior finance analysts in locations like Costa Rica to prepare financial packages.
- Active VMware Finance community participant. Leading and engaging in GBU Finance wide initiatives to drive operational improvement to scale for growth and create positive impacts.
- Financially accountable professional ensuring financial controls/compliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Economics and MBA (or equivalent experience) required.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in financialreporting and analysis, with a strong record of career progression
- 3+ years of recent experience working for High Technology companies in the Fortune 500 (with prior experience in software companies being a major plus).
- Excellent social skills along with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Inventive, insightful, and willingness to grow.
- Ability to lead diverse cross functional teams to solve complex and ambiguous problems.
- Track record of showing leadership in a dynamic, fast-growing environment.
- Hands-on ability with analytical tools & systems. Experience in SAP HANA, Hyperion, and dealing with large datasets from databases.
- Expert Proficiency in Excel, solid experience with PowerPoint.
- Strong verbal and written communication. Able to distill and present complex financial analysis into recommendations that are easily understood by Sr. management.
- Strong social and leadership skills to influence and build credibility with finance and business leaders.
- Confirmed experience leading, managing, and developing a team.
- Highly motivated, hands on person who is detailed oriented and meticulous.
- Excellent analytical skills with proven ability to develop analytical vision and persuade leaders using sound financial evidence to support changes.
Job ID R186825