Industry: Pharmaceuticals & Biotech•
11 - 15 years
Posted 111 days ago
Eurofins Food Chemistry US, Inc. is searching for a Senior Manager of Environmental Health and Safety in Madison, WI.
Senior Manager of Environmental Health and Safety responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following :
· Lead team, schedule, and train employees
· Ensure adherence to highest quality and efficiency standards in laboratory operations
· Ensure coverage and performance
· Foster morale and teamwork
· Oversees EHS operations for multiple locations
· Manages up to (5) direct and (10) indirect subordinates
· Managerial and Leadership duties and responsibilities:
· Partner with Senior Management and other key individuals to promote EHS as an integral part of business culture.
· Develop, manage, and adhere to the Corporate EHS fiscal budget (>$1M)
· Act as or appoint personnel to act as the liaison between locations and regulatory inspectors during regulatory inspections.
· Manage and appoint personnel for implementing effective EHS programs intended to ensure the following:
o Compliance with applicable state/country regulations appropriate assessment and prevention of EHS related risks,
o Prevention of work related injuries and illnesses, ensuring that accident are reported, reviewed and assessed to identify possible remedies; that applicable governmental agency and worker compensation agency notification is made and employees are provided with appropriate medical care,
o Development and implementation of training solutions to ensure that employees and business partners are aware of potential risks and understand how to perform their jobs in a safe and environmentally responsible manner,
o Oversee waste management, minimizing risk to the company, as well as environmental pollution, and
o The expeditious response to EHS related emergency situations, including; safe evacuation, chemical release, medical emergency and fire response are available at assigned locations.
o Work with Senior Management and local EHS staff to establish achievable EHS goals (accident rates, training participation, etc.) and make improvements (procedural, etc.) with the intent of continually improving EHS Management systems and performance.
o Ensure management is provided with regular accident tracking information and implementing strategies intended to reduce accidents, illnesses, and injuries.
· Support the Corporate EHS effort by providing requested data, participating or providing personnel for audits, participating in meetings, and providing other input as requested.
· Partner with Facilities, architects, and other groups to ensure facility construction/renovation activities achieve EHS related requirements.
· Administer and appoint personnel to manage and reduce worker’s compensation claims.
· Promote EHS related process improvement programs.
· May lead global EHS initiatives or projects.
· May lead EHS audit team.
· Work with contracted insurance agencies (broker, worker’s compensation, property loss, etc.) to continually improve EHS programs via hosting inspections and implementing recommendations.
· Provide for EHS participation in non-EHS related process improvement projects.
· Promote Human Resources initiatives.
· Participate in teams intended to benefit business.
· May serve as a Business Unit Key Contact.
· May serve as a Subject Matter Expert.
The ideal candidate would possess :
· Strong leadership, initiative, and teambuilding skills
· Professional certification in Safety, Industrial Hygiene or Environmental area a plus.
· Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
· Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
· Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Basic Minimum Qualifications :
· Bachelor’s degree in Science or Technical Field and 10+ years related experience, preferably in a laboratory or research and development setting, or Advanced degree and 7+ years related experience, preferably in a laboratory or research and development setting.
· Will require some travel (up to 20%)
· Must be able to lift 25 pounds
· Immunizations and screening as required.
· Overtime and weekend work as required.
· May be required to be physically fit to wear protective equipment that could include respiratory protection and other PPE.
· Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship.