The Senior Manager of Operations, Engineering is an experienced engineering leader who understands technology and knows how to plan, manage, and execute activities across cross-functional teams by establishing effective planning processes, timelines, status reports, and issue and risk management. You have overall accountability for the successful delivery of projects and initiatives, and are expected to be able to work with minimal supervision. Experience with Java, .NET, web and/or mobile technologies will also contribute to success in this role. The ability to prioritize changing demands, multi-task, and creatively meet tight deadlines in addition to being extremely process focused in a fast paced environment is a must.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deep understanding and solid track record of managing software development teams and driving operational excellence in software quality and delivery.
- Identify and understand dependencies, risks, and issues between projects.
- Experienced at driving organizational change.
- Collaborate across organizations and align around key business drivers.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to effectively lead teams and provide coaching and mentorship to individuals
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization and resolve conflict as appropriate
- Consistently demonstrate Accruent’s values: respect, integrity, drive to excellence, results orientation, winning attitude.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- 6+ years software engineering management experience.
- 9+ years hands on software development experience.
- Demonstrated experience working with geographically dispersed teams.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to thrive under pressure and function effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Project management using agile development practices: SCRUM, KANBAN, TDD (Test Driven Development).
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Successful lead role in developing enterprise application frameworks
- Thorough understanding of web based scalable, redundant technologies
- Experience with SaaS software development and support