Senior Manager of Network Products
This management position will develop and manage regional and national network based products (e.g. tiered network, limited/narrow network, custom/account steerage, regional and national steerage models (ex. Centers of Excellence), and next generation networkproducts.
The position is responsible for the management, growth, and development of network based products. This role will focus on leveraging market research and consumer insights to create actionable product and benefit improvement plans. The Senior Product Manager NetworkProducts will exhibit effective cross-functional project management and leadership, implement cost effective business strategies, build and market innovative new products benefits and services, build strong internal and external relationships; and communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Provide oversight and direction to further regional and national network-based product initiatives.
- Keeping up to datewith the marketplace and close and frequent collaboration withSales, Provider Network Management, Finance (Actuarial), and other key business areas to help inform, define and develop market leading products is critical to this role.
- Perform market research and competitive analysis with focus on the national competitive landscape.
- Monitor the performance of network-based products in the market including: ongoing assessment of networkproduct performance and effectiveness; and completing competitive assessments to ensure products continue to meet or exceed the needs of the market (market segments); remain competitive and are achieving strategic objectives.
- Leverage analysis and planning for products including market research, needs assessments, competitive analysis, membership and revenue potential, etc. to create product plans, develop and build new products and identify needed changes to existing products.
- Develop and continually refine multi-year national strategy.
- Use product design and steerage capabilities to further product and provider network alignment strategies.
- Lead new networkproduct development, e.g. next generation offerings.
- Lead large-scale product implementation projects including new products and product changes.
- Apply understanding and insights regarding how to evolve products in support of the BCBSMA consumer engagement strategy and that create exceptional consumer experiences. Develop products that engage consumers and emphasize our evolving focus to keep members Blue for Life through consumer engagement.
- Ensure products comply with all governing BCBS Association and New England Health Plan programs rules and are compliant with all applicable state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Support the sales effort on an as-required basis for customer (account broker) visits and presentations.
- Partner withSales and Consultants to develop account solutions.
- Champion product initiatives and to develop enterprise-wide, and appropriate senior leader-level support to further networkproduct development.
- Partner with the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association, Consortium Health Plans and other Blue Cross Blue Shield plans to support ongoing development of national network based products, ensure national programs are developed with regard for local, regional and national interests through coordination of inter-plan initiatives with appropriate business areas.
- Follow the established BCBSMA Market Launch Planning (MLP) process for applicable projects, with specific focus on the product development and portfolio management phases.
- Ensure all market facing components or new product and program launches are addressed.
- Submit Corporate Business Plan (IT) projects that are identified. Develop business cases and champion requests for support of future development of the productportfolio and market enhancements as required.
- Build external relationships with business partners including accounts, brokers and consultants to support core products.
- Collaborate with Marketing team(s) to incorporate brand and advertising and multi-channelmarketing strategies into product launches and the creation of marketing communications materials, including press and product releases, collateral and direct mail activities, ensuring the content accuracy, quality, messaging and timeliness.
- Coordinate withother commercial product areas such as Pharmacy, CDHP, Dental, etc., with the goal of collaborating on cross-functional and mutually beneficial strategic initiatives and opportunities.
- Identify and execute strategies that address the need for customization in the large group segment; ensure the unique needs of large groups are met through planning and execution efforts to pro-actively evolve our large group options with the goal of identifying alternatives and creating greater flexibility to better meet the needs of this segment.
- Maintains a solid understanding of corporate strategies, directions, offerings, services, market and competition.
- Bachelor’s Degreerequired, Master’s Degreepreferred in business or health related industry with5 - 10 years’ relevant industry experience.
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communications through organizing and leading meetings and work teams, analysis and report generation, correspondence, and preparing and delivering presentations at all levels of the organization.
- Customer focused with strong analytical, planning and goal setting skills.
- Problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be collaborative by nature.
- A self-motivator who can gather, interpret and distribute information quickly and clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Must have a good grasp of communications and understand how advertising, direct marketing and collateral are used to achieve goals.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships and provide high quality service with key internal customers.
- Long-range planning skills, and ability to prioritize and integrate with short-term activity.
- Ability to differentiate between important and urgent deliverables, request and issues.
- Ability to relate with customers and understand their needs.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret contracts, regulations, common policies and procedures, reports, and legal documents.
- Demonstrated continual updating of functional skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage via influencing.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to make sound business recommendations and decisions.
- Ability to engender trust and confidence; high sense of integrity and ethics.