About the role:
We are currently looking for a Senior Manager of Data Science or a Director of Data Science depending on your experience.
The Director of Data Science will be responsible for managing the whole Data Science team, including working with other directors in the Data Engineering teams as well as other stakeholders such as the Product and Go To Market teams in order to make sure we deliver high quality solutions on time powering our industry leading products. The Director of Data Science will report to the VP of Engineering in charge of Data Science.
The Senior Manager will be responsible for running the Visits team in particular.. The role can grow into the director role based on the impact and growth you demonstrate in the role.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Making sure the team has the right tools and processes in place to deliver work that is on time and to specification.
- Owning and managing the team’s OKRs and deliverables for the quarter
- Working with partners and stakeholders in other teams to set and understand requirements.
- Growing and retaining the data scientists in the team
- Experience leading a research team with complex systems-building requirements
- Experience mentoring new leaders via coaching and compassion
- A technical understanding of quantitative modeling and building big-data systems, leveraging modern technologies like Spark and EMR
- Able to be a bridge between scientists and product owners, generating agreement and consensus
- Strong knowledge of Agile processes, including an understanding of how to balance short-term needs with long-term research payoffs
- Highly-effective communication skills (both written and verbal) including the ability to get buy-in from product managers and executives
- An understanding of the quality and reliability needs of an enterprise business
- Experience in areas related to geospatial tech preferred; or related areas of real-world measurement, e.g., healthcare tech