The Sr. Manager works with the VP of Corporate Communications and Brand Management to create and implement a strategy for external and internal communications for Worthington Industries. This position is responsible for delivering effective, key messages and materials throughout the organization and to external stakeholders. The ideal candidate is a hands-on, accomplished communications professional with experience developing comprehensive strategies for communication.
- Oversees development of Internal and External Communications including news releases, intranet, HR initiatives, organizational announcements, brand messaging, newsletters and campaigns
- Directs public relations activities including planning, developing content and crisis communications; serves as additional company spokesperson
- Oversees content & social media strategy.
- Supervises and mentors department staff
- Effective storyteller with excellent written and oral communication skills, including interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to listen and provide counsel to all levels of the organization
- Team player with strong leadership ability
- Minimum of 10-years’ experience in communications, public relations, marketing or related experience in a public company or agency
- Media Relations experience 3-5 years
Bachelors in Business or equivalent