The Senior Manager of Compensation and Benefits is responsible the Suffolk's Total Rewards programs. This position collaborates with Finance, People & Culture Operations, HRIS and the CAO of People & Culture, to ensure that Suffolk provides high quality, cost effective total rewards program. This position will manage two roles, a Benefits and a Compensation Analyst.
If you are an innovative collaborator and proven performer who enjoys working on teams that deliver superior results, you may qualify for a rewarding career at Suffolk, a construction management firm that is sparking an industry revolution and has consistently been named a "best place to work"!
- Develop, communicate and administer a competitive total rewards strategy to include compensation, health and welfare benefits, 401k and paid time off programs, that are cost effective and consistent with labor market trends and organizational objectives.
- Evaluate existing programs, strategies and philosophies to design scalable and functional national compensation programs.
- Partner with senior HR and executive leadership to define, develop, communicate and execute the compensation philosophy, vision, and strategy.
- Design and manage compensation programs for base salary, variable compensation and long-term incentives.
- Oversee the benchmarking process, annual compensation review, and the company-wide compensation planning process which includes the implementation of market data, salary bands and executive compensation.
- Prepare compensation documentation, presentations, and communications for audiences at all levels, ranging from employees to finance to top executive leadership
- Work with legal counsel to ensure compliance with all governmental regulations related to compensation and benefit programs.
- Partner with P&C leadership and site leaders to understand business needs and services requirements.
- Provide leadership and training to the People & Culture (P&C) Operations team members on the total rewards plans and programs.
- Resolve concerns and communicate with employees in cases that cannot be routinely handled by members of the P&C Operations team.
- Oversee the review, communication, and implementation of the annual benefit programs open enrollment process and the annual total compensation review.
- Point of contact for the Benefits Broker and other vendors as related to our Core benefits like Medical, Dental, 401K, Life Insurance, Disability and FSA.
- Work with the P&C Analyst to ensure timely review of the banking information, running analytical reports and conducting monthly and quarterly audits on the benefit plans.
- Coordination of the 5500 completion and filing, discrimination testing, all mailings, notifications and communications, and local region/city ordination compliance.
- Lead coordination of the 401K investment committee and coordinate 401k employee educational sessions/events
- Lead the annual review of the Employee Handbook.
- Bachelor's degree and 6-10 years of experience in administering both compensation and benefits plans, including plan design, plan communications, and execution.
- Expert level with HRIS systems – Oracle experience preferred
- Proven success as influencer and as a change agent
- Results Driven
- Ability to provide best in class customer service
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Solution agent with Strong planning, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Collaborative and positive
- Ability to make decisions promptly and with confidence
- Sound business judgment
- Highly organized, able to prioritize and multi-task
- Must possess Suffolk's Core Values: Passion, Integrity, Hard Work, Professionalism and Caring.
- Experience using Payfactors preferred but not required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stands; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level. Job site walking.