Data + Design. It's how we work. We believe in designing brand experiences that motivate people to buy and act. Our Buy Design process was built for this mission. With Centric, our data-driven model, at the center, Buy Design unites and powers the forces of science and creativity so that we deliver value at every touchpoint, inspiring people to buy into your brand and products.
Are you excited about the future of shopper purchase behavior, and fueling and inspiring the creative process? The Senior Manager of Commerce Media is an innovator and leader in the shopper space; a shopper marketing and media expert and enthusiast, with an understanding of how creative and integrated marketing channels impact the overall shopper experience across retailers in-store and online.
Do you have a passion for the future evolution of channel and retailer marketing? This individual knows channel and retailer-specific approaches to CPG media planning and activation (including tactical approach through execution and measurement), and has worked with retailers like Target, Wal-Mart, Amazon and more.
This senior manager will lead account, strategy, creative and client partners in navigating the ever-evolving eCommerce/eRetail space and be experienced in eCommerce trends, research, media strategies and opportunities.
The Senior Manager of Commerce Media will also guide the team in data utilization strategies, campaign measurement opportunities, and tactical optimizations, always keeping an eye out for growth opportunities and expanding into emerging platforms.
- Understand the ins-and-outs of the client's business and apply shopper/retail/eCommerce experience to solve business problems on a global scale
- Lead the agency team, agency partner teams and clients in eRetail/eCommerce media strategy, planning, execution, measurement and reporting (includes understanding third party partners and ecosystems, vetting/negotiating with media vendors)
- Apply data and analytics expertise to the current landscape (including nuances across targets and markets), plan for upcoming campaigns and adapt approach when necessary; consistently connect the dots between data, technology and commerce
- Use understanding of brick and mortar retailers and eRetailers to serve as the client's strategic consultant for retailer partnerships, especially in relation to product innovations
- Keep a pulse on industry trends and implement this knowledge across POVs for current projects, new media models/platforms, growth opportunities, etc.
- Propel the media team and wider agency team forward by leading from a big picture perspective and diving into details as necessary
- Establish a rapport with partner teams and clients; be a confident presenter and clear communicator of complex data/details
- Demonstrate a collaborative approach to team work and problem solving, while being persistent in accomplishing difficult tasks
- Lead development of direct reports through mentorship, coaching and ongoing performance feedback and identification of learning opportunities
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Media Buying, Advertising, Retail-Oriented Marketing such as category /trade management, sales or shopper marketing
- 7+ years of media strategy experience within the discipline of retail / shopper marketing (MUST include ecommerce)
- Experience with tactical planning / vendor management within an agency, retailer's media organization, or within a CPG trade or customer marketing department
- Previous work with a global team and/or clients preferred
- Applied experience gathering, understanding and interpreting data/analytics to influence media/shopper programs; experience using database tools and systems such as Simmons, MRI, Kantar, or equivalent preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly, thoroughly and succinctly both verbally and in written form
- Ability to analyze results, interpret data, draw sound conclusions, and develop insightful and actionable recommendations