Venable LLP has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Accounting/Finance professional to join our team as a Senior Manager of Client Account Management in our Baltimore, MD office. This position will lead a team who provides collection and Accounts Receivable support to our legal staff.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for...
• Developing and implementing strategies to meet benchmarks for collection matters
• Working with firm clients to resolve A/R issues as directed by firm leadership and committees
• Monitoring lag time of collections and preparing analysis for improvements
• Managing processes and overseeing reconciliation of client A/R balances
• Providing leadership, mentoring and training to client accounting team
• Ensuring compliance with established firm policies and procedures
• Recommending actions to resolve high dollar accounts
The ideal candidate will demonstrate…
• A Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• A minimum of 8 years of A/R/collections management experience, including 5 years supervisory experience
• High level of computer aptitude; experience using current Windows Operating System, Microsoft Office applications; advanced-level knowledge of Excel
• Ability to provide senior-level assistance with management of debt collection operations
• Ability to interpret and perform analysis of financial data, including tracking A/R, identifying key credit/collection issues and preparing related reports
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple competing tasks and demands
• Aptitude for continuous improvement, efficiencies and automation
• Self-starter who can manage priorities, meet deadlines, and collaborate with other team members across the firm.