Located in the U.S. and a subsidiary of Kongsberg Maritime, Hydroid is the world?s most trusted manufacturer of advanced Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs). Our marine robotics systems provide innovative and reliable full-picture solutions for the marine research, defense, hydrographic and offshore/energy markets. Our products represent the most advanced, diversified and field-proven family of AUVs and AUV support systems in the world.
As a subsidiary of Kongsberg Maritime, Hydroid acts as the lead for the full range of Kongsberg Maritime solutions: Unmanned Underwater System, Surface Vessel Systems, SONARs and Subsea Infrastructure. Our proposals will involve cutting edge technical solutions for customers operating in the most arduous marine environment.
Hydroid employees are passionate about their work and strive to produce top-quality products and service. All products are designed and manufactured at the Hydroid facilities in Pocasset, MA.
- Manage the bids and proposals group within the Business Develop Organization (report to VP of Business Development) and oversee all forthcoming and on-going proposal efforts.
- Manage the company?s Business Development and Bids and Proposals budgets and report monthly and quarterly performance to the senior leadership team. Monitor and adjust proposal project budgets and resourcing. Participate in yearly budget development activities.
- Develop and maintain the company?s proposal processes/procedures. Assure proposal processes remain aligned with all BD, Capture and Program Execution processes.
- Manage proposals (e.g., written, oral, demonstrations) for US Defense, International Defense and Commercial opportunities. Maintain schedules, organize resources, coordinate inputs and reviews, ensure bid strategy implementation, ensure compliance, resolve internal team issues and provide process leadership.
- Act as the focal point for all company proposal efforts (as a sub or prime) (unclassified and classified up to Secret) involving all Kongsberg Maritime solutions. Support the Capture Manager through the pursuit and proposal phase. Consolidate and liaise inputs from the Kongsberg parent company and Kongsberg sister companies in and out of the US.
- Participate in BD (opportunity identification, pursuit and capture) decisions and coordinate Bid/No Bid gate reviews.
- Translate Win Strategies into key themes and produce compelling sales documents utilizing benefits statements, graphics and proofs. Ensure consistency with brand, value proposition, communication guidelines, business objectives and style standards.
- Proactively participate in pre-proposal actions, strategies and capture plans in conjunction with business development and sales team, including; market research, pursue/no-pursue and bid/no bid analysis, data calls.
- Maintain proposal log with key information, upload completed documents, and follow up with pursuit lead regarding outcomes.
- Lead strategy discussions with the Pursuit and Proposal team, support kick-off meetings, define expectations, manage resulting action items, facilitate lessons learned discussions post submission and post award.
- Prepare compliant matrices, templates, and work products designed to assist technical subject matter experts and teammates developing responses in accordance with win strategies, themes to/for RFIs, RFPs, RFQs, Delivery Orders and Task Orders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Leadership and strong communications skills. Takes initiative and desires the opportunity to shape processes and build a successful proposal team.
- Bachelor's degree plus 10 or more years of industry experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certified to APMP Foundation Level, or equivalent.
- Extensive experience in leading highly technical, winning proposals in the US Defense and International Defense marketplace and be able to analyze complex Government solicitation documents, including and not limited to, Request for Information (RFIs), Request for Proposals (RFPs), and Requests for Quotes (RFQs).
- Has portfolio of experience including assertive project, program, and/or technical experience with ability to plan, organize, and direct all elements and phases of a pursuit and proposal development.
- Excellent communicator with experience preparing and producing proposals for large and complex technology companies.
- Thrives in a cooperative and collaborative environment managing multiple deadlines in a fast-paced, often changing environment; while demonstrating leadership, and attention to detail.
- Flexible team leader who functions well in a tight deadline-oriented environment, which includes being available to work overtime, evenings and weekends to ensure a strong delivery.
- Has the ability to multitask and manage multiple proposals simultaneously.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office suite (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint required).
- The ideal candidate is an individual that can work in a fast paced environment; with a high attention to detail, excellent problem solving skills, ability to multi-task and enthusiastic attitude.
A condition of this position will require the successful Applicant to pass a government securityinvestigation and must subsequently receive authorization to access US Department of Defense Controlled Unclassified Information (?CUI?) and potentially classified information.
We offer a very competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including 75% company paid medical and dental insurance. The company also offers paid Life, STD, LTD, tuition reimbursement and 401K with company match, and more.