Reports to: Sr. VPHR
The Senior Manager of Benefits & Wellness provides is responsible for overall strategy, design, management, communication, and compliance of all employee benefits and wellness programs.
* Determine long-term strategy for benefits and continuously evaluate all benefits plans to ensure they are cost effective, competitive, and meet the needs of both the Club and employees.
* Manage all employee benefit programs, including medical, dental, vision, FSA, life, disability, 401(k), EAP etc.
* Direct and provide leadership for broker and vendor management including contract negotiation, competitive bid analysis, contract performance monitoring, vendor inquiries and problem resolution.
* Manage all Federal, state, and local compliance, filings, reports, and audits related to the administration of employee benefit programs, including ERISA. Ensure all plan documents and Summary Plan Descriptions are complete and updated, 5500 Filings are filed timely and accurately, discrimination testing has been conducted, and oversee plan audits. Operate as Club HIPAA Officer.
* Create and manage the annual benefit budget. Analyze and project costs for all benefit programs. Use analysis in determining recommendations for changes to benefit plans and design.
* Lead initiatives around benchmarking of all benefits to ensure the company remains competitive and aligned with market trends.
* Prepare and facilitate Benefits Committee meetings comprised of cross-functional leaders within the Club that is charged with making benefit decisions for all employees.
* Determine appropriate communication strategy to educate employees on benefit programs and changes. Education should ensure employees understand benefits and available resources.
* Serve as an escalation resource for employees on all employee benefit issues.
* Oversee creation of employee Wellness Programs designed to motivate employees in fun and innovative ways to participate in maintaining and improving their health. Partner with our employee-led Fitness & Wellbeing Committee in this area.
CHARACTERISTICS / QUALIFICATIONS
* At least 10 years of in depth benefits and retirement program experience.
* Experience in healthcare plan design and thorough knowledge of existing laws and regulations.
* Bachelor's degree required. Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) designation is preferred.
* Proven ability to be analytical and handle large volumes of data effectively.
* Must Have Strong writing skills and ability to communicate technical issues at an executive level.
* Sound judgment and problem solving ability.
* Advanced knowledge of Excel and HRIS experience is required.