Do you have experience creating and managing API's? Do you want to create a complete API management process and help empower and influence a major aerospace and defense company? Do you thrive on using cutting-edge, technology to create informed data-driven business decisions? If yes, we want to talk to you. The Data Management team within Collins Aerospace's Digital Technology is responsible for the implementation and oversight of the Company's API management goals, standards, practices, processes, and technologies.
As the API Service Manageryou will be accountable for understanding the customer needs and providing clear requirements to what data is needed and how this needs to be presented. In addition, you will document the requirements for API proxy developers to use and are available to API team to answer questions.
- Define product vision and strategy
- Own the user experience
- Articulate user stories with clear business value
- Work in the common good of the company for user story prioritization
- Lead the Sprint Planning sessions and is available during sprints to answer questions
- Groom the backlog of user stories and prioritizes for the API Team
- Serve as a liaison between both internal and external technical and business groups
- Define and Implement API Standards for maximum efficiencies and revenue generation
- Provide thought leadership by defining standards, processes and best practices
- Strong collaboration, problem solving, communication skills and drive to learn.
- Previous work experience developing API standards and processes.
- Degree in business-related or quantitative fields (Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Information Systems) or equivalent experience in technical field. Advanced degrees preferred.
- Fluency in computer science fundamentals and software design/engineering.
- Product management or product design experience'
- Web product development experience
- Experience negotiating with various stakeholders for technology solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be US Citizen or permanent US Resident
- Must work at one of our larger sites, such as Cedar Rapids, IA, Richardson, TX, Chula Vista, CA, Windsor Locks, CT, Charlotte, NC - (no remote)
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 8 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 12 years of relevant experience is required.