What you will be doingThe Senior Manager, National Pharmacy Services will report to the Director, Pharmacy
Services and will be responsible for supporting the Director and Senior Director of the National Pharmacy Team with the overall operations of the national pharmacy network, including creation, implementation and oversight of Pharmacy procedures, systems, services and other Pharmacy strategies.
The Senior Manager, National Pharmacy Services will be responsible for assisting with Pharmacy-Specific Standard Operating Procedures. They will also assist with ensuring that all Innomar Pharmacies (owned and partnered) are adhering to the standard procedures for Innomar. The Senior Manager, National Pharmacy Services will be responsible for timely launch of Pharmacy projects to all Pharmacy staff and departments affiliated with Pharmacy. This position requires an individual capable of driving initiatives independently and as part of a team. This role will have two incumbents with different focus areas - National Standard Operations or Innovation (new services) & Client Relations (internal & external, with a specific focus on physicians).
- Working with the Director of Pharmacy Operations, and other internal staff members in the strategic development and launch of projects.
- Assist in the implementation of new pharmaceutical product launches with respect to the pharmacy services across Canada.
- Work with external and internal clients to design, build and implement new services
- Effectively and accurately communicate project information and execute processes among the
- Innomar pharmacies to ensure high level of services to stakeholders;
- Support the Pharmacy Managers and Pharmacy Program Managers with operational support including procedures and systems support
- Support the National Pharmacy Team with the planning, execution, and timely delivery of new differentiated offerings
- Support the Enterprise Physician teams/initiatives
- Assist with project implementation, including procedures, training, KPI monitoring, etc.
- Demonstrating company values and positively contributing to the culture of the team
- Hiring, and performance management of direct reports ---5- 40% of time required for travelling within Canada (depending largely on the incumbent/role in question, as well as projects & required support at a given time)
- Ability to travel within Canada as required for projects and Pharmacy on-site support
- What your background should look like (minimum qualifications)Minimum 5 years of experience in Pharmacy operations, or related activities.
- Demonstrated ability to foster relationships and collaborate with internal and external partners
- Experience with Standard Operating Procedures, including pharmacy quality assurance practices, is an asset
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills
- Proven track record of maintaining high quality standards while working within tight deadlines
- Post-secondary education or equivalent in a Pharmacy-related discipline is a benefit;
- Experience managing and implementing multiple concurrent projects
- Knowledge of KROLL and/or other Pharmacy software systems is an asset
- Bilingualism, French/English, is an asset.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to effectively communicate with all levels of an organization
- Strong organizational skills with proven efficiency to handle multiple projects at one time, both independently and in a team-based environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills (verbal and written) with a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent listener, respects diversity of opinions and is open, clear, succinct in personal communication style
- Working familiarity with software: Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Teams, etc.) is an asset
- Ability to organize and handle several different tasks at once
- Proven ability to organize time, set priorities and multi-task in order to meet various competing; attention to detail and work deadlines
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving skills; ability to resolve issues effectively and efficiently
- Excellent presentation skills
What AmerisourceBergen offersWe offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
- Competitive compensation packages
- Comprehensive health and dental plans
- Flexible & remote working options
- Employer RRSP-matching
- Online peer-to-peer recognition program
- Corporate discounts with multiple establishments, including fitness centers
- Health & Wellness program with onsite yoga and massage therapy