Job ID: BEC013807
Beckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems, found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world, produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use our life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs. More than 275,000 Beckman Coulter systems operate in both diagnostics and life sciences laboratories on all seven continents. For 80 years, our products have been making a difference in peoples’ lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care.Beckman Coulter offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job. Check out our benefits. We think you'll like what you see.
Are you interested in driving meaningful change within an organization? Do you enjoy leading continuous improvement initiatives at all levels of an organization? Do you enjoy partnering with a customer to achieve better business results?As a Senior Manager leading the Performance Partnership (PP) Discovery Team, you will be a key leader responsible for assessing the need for continuous improvement (CI) initiatives simultaneously across several enterprises and systems. You are as comfortable at the VP level and above using the right tools to enhance value stream business change. At Beckman Coulter, we are invested in your success and look forward to working with you in this exciting opportunity.
- Works alongside the Performance Partnership (PP) Principal to assess gaps in customers’ current CI operations and make recommendations to the PP Principal.
- Leads a team of DBS Consultants to drive excellence in customer diagnostic activities and development of the new PP assessment tool.
- Directs activities of the Consultants, Discovery Team and PP Analyst.
- Coach and mentor team members to ensure customer expectations are met. Assign mentorship within the team and lead the creation of meaningful development plans with a focus of skill development and on high employee engagement. Host weekly North America team huddles along with weekly employee 1:1s.
- Diagnoses work flow impediments and provide expert counsel on appropriate advanced strategies employing DBS Tools to eliminate waste. Develop solutions which meet planning schedules and quality objectives of the client.
- Collection of current state data points in order to develop proof points & marketing material to promote the success of the program.
- Define linkages between strategic objectives and process improvements, using both analytical tools and consulting techniques.
- Help customers re-engineer new or existing operations to create continuous improvement strategy. Work with PP Principal to create a roadmap for deployment of strategy through tactical planning and execution.
- Collaborate in the development of Beckman’s new internal DBS assessment tool and front end offering.
- A major contributor to executive VIP presentations with executive clients, alongside the PP Principal and Integrated Delivery Network (IDN) Sales Manager.
- Lead development of customer Statement of Work (SOW) documents with the PP Principal. Attend meetings with the PP Principal and hospital executives. Advises business groups by providing strategic direction to initiative prioritization, frameworks, integration and resource application. Provide support in developing functional and technical specifications.
- Provides direction and transition of contracts and relationships to the Enterprise Delivery team (post-sale).
- Builds strong relationships with existing clients and new potential clients.
- Identify product development initiatives to meet future client needs.
- Although this is largely an external customer facing role, assistance with internal DBS activities, including training of associates and such events like President's Kaizen, will be required upon request.
- Assist with mentoring and development of new Performance Partnership Consultants on the Delivery Team and Regional Consultants.
- BS or BA Degree from an accredited institution.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt or evidence of pathway to Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (ie. courses in progress).
- Can consult across large complex business systems and value streams regarding improvement plans focused on cost reduction and cost avoidance Key Performance Indicators at the C-Suite level.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills required
- 10+ years track record of commercial experience with proven success in continuous improvement, sales or consulting.
- Polished demeanor with strong executive presence
- Strong business insight
- Ability to analyze client commercial capabilities, identify root cause and growth tool opportunities; has the skills necessary to be seen as credible by peers and greater sales organization.
- Ability to accurately assess key business metrics and situations from a “general manager’s” point of view; effective at structured problem solving and critical thinking.
- Ability to work with functions in the implementation of the DBS roadmap and implement key growth initiatives; successfully leads change, handles conflict / ambiguity
- Advanced skills in communications, training / adult learning, consulting / influencing; teamwork across disciplines, regions, and cultures
- Confirmed proficiency in time management and action plan execution
- Computer skills (word processing, graphics, spreadsheet, etc.)
- Willingness to travel 50-60% with the potential for future international travel
- MBA and consultancy experience or, a Bachelor's Degree in Operations Management, Health Care Management, Business or Industrial Engineering.
- Laboratory redesign experience.
- Background or knowledge of hospital finance.
- Background in project management.
- Expertise in organizational development, executive leadership and mentoring required
- Experience with development of corporate level training, communication and mentorship modules required
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.