The Model Validation & Approval area provides independent and consistent model validation and approval across various risk types, including market risk, retail/non-retail credit risk, operational risk, capital models and other key risk/financial models.
The senior manager provides support to director or senior management by providing subject matter expertise in data management or model risk management. The incumbent will be independently executing data management and data quality assurance testing / validation work and may provide guidance to junior staff to deliver various validation assignments.
1. Deliver validation work assignments according to work plan; determine and execute data verification and quality assurance assessments and model implementation tests; identify material improvement opportunities in the model inputs being validated; may supervise staff to deliver work assignments.
2. Support director in the development of overall work plan.
3. Responsible for the draft and review of all necessary documentation related to validation assignments; ensure accuracy and completeness of archived information and related documentation to allow independent third party review of the validation work performed.
4. Provide guidance to staff under the incumbent's supervision.
5. Provide subject matter advisory support to other work streams as needed.
6. Manage relationship with key contacts as identified for each validation request submission.
7. Comply with internal policies, procedures and regulatory requirements where applicable.
8. Provide active and direct support to resolve outstanding audit and regulatory issues and to respond to ad hoc senior management and regulatory requests.
9. Provide support to large-scale projects as required.
10. Keep abreast of industry and regulatory developments and evolving expectations; develop relationships with counterparts at otherfinancial institutions; provide ongoing peer benchmarking support.
- 3+ year of experience in the data management or data architect, with familarity and be comfortable to handle large data
- Some exposure to AIRB parameter estimations, IFRS 9 modelling, entreprise wide stress testing, and familiar with capital adequacy requirements..
- Required Functional (Technical) Competencies:
- Ability to effectively utilize relational databases for data analysis and write complex SQL queries.
- Proficiency in constructing and executing distributed queries from a variety of sources (e.g. SQL-SERVER, NETEZZA, DB2) is required.
- Familiarity with the Enterprise Data Lake (EDL) is an asset.
- Technical subject matter expertise in credit capital models, sound understanding of various modelling techniques and proficiency in conducting various testing.
- Some knowledge of statistical techniques and proven ability to employ these to analyze large sets of data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to present validation findings and recommendations in a professional manner and able to discuss and liase with key stakeholders.
- Strong proficient in programming language, for example, SQL, SAS, R, VBA, MATLAB, Python
- Effective time management in order to efficiently deliver concurrent projects with competing priorities.
- Ability to supervise as well as independently deliver work assignments.
- Constructive conflict management ability; ability to collaborate effectively with model owner/sponsor counterparts.
- Effective presentation and communicaton skills; Strong written communication skill is essential.
- Ability to manage efficiently multiple priorities.
- Attention to details, independence, and ability to effectively collaborate in teamwork.
- Flexibility and creativity in problem solving.
Candidate with less relevant experience and required skills could be considered for Manager position.
Graduate degree in quantiative disciplines, for example, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science (Master and above),
Requisition ID: 23062