The Model Validation & Approval area provides independent and consistent model validation and approval across various risk types, including market risk, retail/non-retail credit risk, operational risk, capital models and other key risk/financial models.
The senior manager provides support to director or senior management by providing subject matter expertise in data management or model risk management. The incumbent will be independently executing data management and data quality assurance testing / validation work and may provide guidance to junior staff to deliver various validation assignments.
1. Deliver validation work assignments according to work plan; determine and execute data verification and quality assurance assessments and model implementation tests; identify material improvement opportunities in the model inputs being validated; may supervise staff to deliver work assignments.
2. Support director in the development of overall work plan.
3. Responsible for the draft and review of all necessary documentation related to validation assignments; ensure accuracy and completeness of archived information and related documentation to allow independent third party review of the validation work performed.
4. Provide guidance to staff under the incumbent's supervision.
5. Provide subject matter advisory support to other work streams as needed.
6. Manage relationship with key contacts as identified for each validation request submission.
7. Comply with internal policies, procedures and regulatory requirements where applicable.
8. Provide active and direct support to resolve outstanding audit and regulatory issues and to respond to ad hoc senior management and regulatory requests.
9. Provide support to large-scale projects as required.
10. Keep abreast of industry and regulatory developments and evolving expectations; develop relationships with counterparts at otherfinancial institutions; provide ongoing peer benchmarking support.
Candidate with less relevant experience and required skills could be considered for Manager position.
Graduate degree in quantiative disciplines, for example, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science (Master and above),
Requisition ID: 23062