Position Description: The Senior Manager, Metallurgy will provide technical leadership in areas relating to mineral processing and support the effective implementation of existing and innovative practices and technologies. The candidate will participate in site specific initiatives, as well as operational performance and cost optimization efforts. Short term goals will seek improvements to cash flow, metal production and risk mitigation with long term goals aligned towards the Corporate Vision and Values statement (included within this document). Responsibilities:
- Monitor and benchmark Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) from respective sites and unit operations to share best in class performance, and to highlight opportunities for improvement.
- Review operating results, costs, forecasts, annual budgets and LOM plans. Identify variability and short/long range challenges associated with annual budgets and proactively support improvement.
- Support ongoing efforts to test, model, and validate expected metallurgical performance relative to mineralogy to strengthen GeoMet models and production forecasts.
- Review and critique ongoing site based metallurgical testing and activities, as well as proposed corporate metallurgical research and optimization programs.
- Review long term sustaining capital projects with a particular focus on water management, water treatment and tailings storage facility capacity for continued environmental permit compliance.
- Remain abreast of new developments and techniques in metallurgy and processing. Develop an efficient network with experts and others in the industry.
- B. Eng or B.Sc. in Metallurgy, Mineral Processing or Chemical Engineering
- 10 to 15years of operations and supervisory experience with exposure to a cross section of extractive and hydrometallurgical processes
- Demonstrated experience with on-site mining operations as well as corporate metallurgy experience
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization and mine site employees while providing leadership and driving change management
- Proven attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Excellent organizational, time management and office management skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, as well as independently
- Demonstrated well-developed interpersonal skills, with a courteous and pleasant customer service focus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Capability to multi-task, self-manage and self-motivate
- Demonstrated good attendance and performance records with the ability to maintain these same standards
- Although this position reports into the Toronto office, the applicant must be willing and able to travel on both short term and medium-term assignments when required
What we can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations
- Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.