We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first, highly collaborative culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready for the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe Partners is seeking a Senior Manager with current business and technology consulting experience to join our rapidly growing team in New York in the Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) Practice. We are primarily seeking a candidate with direct operational and technology experience in software/hi-tech, healthcare, and/or manufacturing & distribution organizations, as well as IT carve-out and merger integration leadership experience.
As a Senior Manager on our Mergers & Acquisitions team you will serve our clients in several M&A services roles, which includes leading operational and technology assessments during the due diligence phase, operational and technology planning as part of carve-out or merger integration transactions, as well as post-close execution management (e.g. IMO).
In addition to client service delivery, you will be an integral part of our team that helps shape our office culture and participates significantly in the entrepreneurial process of growing an office with triple digit growth (strategy, recruiting, team building, practice development, etc.).
- Knowledge and experience working with private equity buyout and/or strategic mergers and acquisitions focused in software/hi-tech, healthcare, and manufacturing & distribution.
- Functional expertise in IT and supporting front/back office operations preferred. Deal execution management and leadership including carve-outs and merger integrations.
Senior Managers in our Mergers and Acquisitions Practice at West Monroe Partners have three primary responsibilities:
- Client Delivery
- Lead engagements teams on new transactions, guiding the team to prepare focused request lists and agenda, facilitating on-site reviews, and providing leadership over deliverables
- Assess operational and technology investment strategies and compare respective operating models and organizational structures against leading practices and industry benchmarks
- Facilitate due diligence site visits focused on identifying operational and technology strategy, organizational structures, and current state business processes and supporting technology
- Facilitate client workshops focused on designing future state operating models, organization structures, and business requirements as part of a carve-out or merger integration
- Lead teams serving clients across industries (with specific capabilities in mergers & acquisitions), while demonstrating executive presence with C-level client counterparts
- Work with engagement leadership to implement operational processes and technology that support value creation and process efficiency across operational and technical functions
- Manage project economics including: track project budgets, create and deliver invoices, and manage collection process
- Mentor and manage teams of consultants and QA work done by the team
- Practice Development
- Collaborate with local office leadership to define the office culture, strategic direction, and actively lead entrepreneurial activities in a new office environment
- Drive the development/enhancement of WMP’s M&A methodologies (diligence, planning, carve-out, etc.) and approaches to client delivery
- Coach and manage other consultants and actively participate in the performance expectation process
- Identify strengths and issues; drive and develop better behavior to create strong consultants
- Actively participate in recruiting and retaining top quality consultants
- Business Development
- Initiate and lead business development meetings with prospective clients
- Understand investment needs and requirements and help turn those goals into concrete engagements and detailed proposals
- Creating work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for prospects
- Actively build a professional network and affiliate network in the local community
- Attend networking events and business related social events
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field preferred, or equivalent experience required
- Consulting firm/industry experience preferred
- Minimum of 8+ years participating on business consulting and IT project based work / teams
- Minimum of 5+ years of managing complex operational and/or IT projects / people
- Minimum of 5+ years of consulting experience with a specific industry domain expertise in one or more of the following: manufacturing & distribution, software, or healthcare
- Strong project management methodology background, including schedule, scope, issue and risk management experience, change management, strategic planning and analysis
- Must have experience in developing work plans, project scopes, pricing estimates, and presentations to assist in selling work to clients
- Must have experience managing a variety of teams, including small engagements as well as large initiatives. Should have experience estimating project work and cost
- Must demonstrate willingness to put in the extra effort (extended work hours, participate in events outside of standard working hours) for client, company and personal success
- Must have a desire and to develop new business and manage client relationships
- Experience farming new business from existing clients and managing day-to-day client relationships
- Experience or proficiency with finance and technology projects and has “been there, done that” experience
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and client deliverable experience
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented with ability to handle multiple projects and priorities
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications and client relationship skills
- Candidates must be eligible to work permanently in the United States without sponsorship
- Ability to travel 50% is required; Travel is short term (1-2 days per project) and NOT traditional Monday through Thursday)