As a global specialty retailer, Banana Republic is focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics. Our customers seek to make the most of every moment. How we do it is just as important as what we do. We value people who are confident, optimistic and curious, because we believe in unleashing creativity and greatness every day. Banana Republic is a global apparel and accessories vertical specialty retail organization focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics designed for today with style that endures. We outfit those who see every day as full of opportunity and seek to make the most of every moment. At Banana Republic, we believe in seeing life a little differently, taking it all in, adding to it and making it your own. We live with style.What We Do: The Senior Manager of Merchandising Strategy & Operations will increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the Banana Republic & Banana Republic Factory Stores organization through process improvement and integration of enterprise initiatives. This position requires a strong understanding of the product life cycle and familiarity with functional responsibilities for merchandising, with a working knowledge of design, product development, IM, marketing and digital responsibilities. Must have the ability to communicate persuasively, effectively leverage relationships with executives and teams, and manage detailed project plans and calendars. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:Merchandising Strategy & Operations
- Lead and manage merchandising process improvement: facilitate discussions to identify process issues, connect cross-brand on opportunities, and gain alignment on solutions
- Analyze merchandising KPIs and work with teams to improve efficiency
- Develop and maintain knowledge of tools and systems that impact merchandising teams
- Create ad hoc excel tools for teams or work with Inc teams to develop web based tools
- Drive product testing process for the brand; support responsive strategy for the brand
- Support P2M manager in maintenance of BR & BRFS calendars
- Facilitate high visibility cross-functional projects end-to-end
- Support building new brand-level capabilities, transform how we develop and buy product; roll-out and train new tools/capabilities to merchandising team
- Lead project management and develop project infrastructure for large scale projects requiring coordination among multiple functional areas
- Leverage cross-functional relationships to drive effectiveness of projects and implementations
- Share project progress with executive leadership team
- Own coordination of product development calendar; work with merchandising leaders to ensure teams are clear on deliverables
- Continually reassess and refine work process required to competitively deliver product to market
- Partner with Learning and Development to update and deliver brand product management tools training
- Knowledge of Product Life Cycle and Product Development processes; familiar or experienced in design/product development, merchandising, production and/or inventory management, or Supply Chain Management concepts
- Experience with analyzing and developing processes and cross functional alignment
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, prioritize, and adapt to a changing environment
- Excellent project management skills; detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Strong change management, strategy and operational experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills for large audiences and executives
- Solid interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships
- Exceptional analytical, decision making, trouble-shooting, mediation, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- BA/BS degree minimum
- 8+ years in product development, retail, strategy and/or consulting
- Highly experienced in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams)
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.