When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
This position is for a senior Materials Planning and SIOP professional with significant experience who owns and develops elements of function strategies and operational goals for the supply and demand planning process with short to medium-term impact on the organization. Responsible for improving upon existing processes and systems using significant conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation. Collaborates with internal and external management to develop financial forecasts.
Specific responsibilities of this role include:
- Responsible for implementing strategies for materials planning and SIOP.
- Implements standardized processes within materials planning and SIOP in order to optimize the utilization of business resources and meet customer expectations for delivery.
- Responsible for the implementation of indicators that enable visibility to short and long-term market trends and demand.
- Leads the analysis of identified demand streams and executes data relationship linkages.
- Collaborates with product development management and sales and marketing department managers to develop demand forecasts.
- Partners with plant manufacturing operations for planning capacity and fulfillment demand.
- Facilitates with manufacturing managers and implements monthly production volume planning using the business forecast, inventory position, actual customer orders, and the defined capacity parameters.
- Implements new technologies to improve materials planning and SIOP capability, sustainability, and reliability.
- Develops metrics to drive results and continuous improvement.
- Responsible for implementing processes and plans to improve supply capabilities.
- Executes clear and robust metrics to measure progress through process improvements for SIOP.
- Creates and executes plan for every part and maintain master data for purchased parts, sub-assemblies, end items and other parts as required.
- Facilitates the capacity management process, including identification and escalation of long term capacity gaps to ensure successful execution of customer demands in support of SI&OP.
- Executes continuous management of the master demand schedule, including adherence to all required validations using the best information available, in order to provide long range OE and aftermarket demand visibility in support of financial planning, internal and external capacity management, and the overall SI&OP process.
- Monitors the transportation and delivery of inter/intraplant parts and outbound finished products.
- Tracks and manages inter/intraplant work in process (WIP), promise dating, expedite orders to ensure on-time delivery and flow.
- May oversee command center and drive part shortage resolution.
- Monitors tracking and shipping.
- Performs escalated expediting when required to ensure on time delivery of material.
- Mitigates risks for short term shortages with internal suppliers to ensure successful customer delivery.
Requirements – Basic Qualifications
- Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of prior relevant experience or
- Advanced degree and 3 years of prior relevant experience
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Note: A Background check and a drug screen are required for every external new hire in the U.S.
- A re-hire will be drug screened if it has been 12 months since they were last employed by UTC.