Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Senior Manager for CRM & Marketing Platform Administration provides leadership and oversight of Marketing’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform (eVariant /Salesforce).
The Senior Manager will be responsible for working with business stakeholders to identify areas of opportunity for optimization or expansion of the platform. This individual will manage system-wide users and will oversee the CRM environment, liaising with our external CRM partner for general support, training, needs assessments, and related platform design.
In addition, this person will partner with the Marketing Data Management and Campaign teams for optimal user experience. This may include requirements for new data sets, field placement and general platform QA ensuring the platform works seamlessly across the organization and captures all required information at key points in the customer life cycle. An understanding of all data sources in the CRM platform will be essential to this role’s success.
Key Areas of Responsibility include:
• Supports all users of Marketing CRM Platform (eVariant / Salesforce). Advocates for and contributes to the implementation and adoption of Salesforce within the organization and keeps pace with changes in program operations, policies and/or procedures.
• Daily administration and support of Penn Medicine’s eVariant/Salesforce database including, but not limited to managing multiple user setup, profiles and roles, customization of objects, fields, record types, page layouts and validations (working with vendors where applicable);
• Works with management and end-users to implement complex workflow rules, data validation, and triggers;
• Creates and documents application requirements by working with those involved in the development of program enhancements and changes including program staff, programmers, strategic planning and analysis staff and/or outside consultants as needed.
• Manages software testing process, which includes devising test plans, creating test cases, establishing protocols and appropriate testing environments and coordinating actual software testing;
• Keeps application users informed about system functionality and enhancements;
• Logs and tracks identified system problems through resolution;
• Creates and maintains documentation on processes, policies, application configuration, and help related materials for users as database applications are developed (working with vendor for documentation where applicable).
Minimum Degree Requirements and Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field required.
• Master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of five years of experience with a marketing technology or CRM-related platform required.
• Minimum of three years of experience working with large volumes of data is preferred.
• One-year experience working within healthcare preferred.
• At least one year of Salesforce experience required.
• Salesforce certification preferred.
• A superior knowledge of Microsoft Excel required.
• A solid understanding of SQL or other relational database platform required.
• Demonstrated proficiency to manage complex data sets required.
• Familiarity with data integration methods and best practices in data management required.
• Familiarity with marketing and marketing analytics, including performance metrics, preferred.
• Ability to discuss data in a clear and concise manner to a broad and varied audience required.
• Strong critical thinking, analytic and problem-solving skills required.
• Must be very well organized.
• Must have ability to work independently and effectively.
• General office environment. Will travel between business unit locations in University City and Center City regularly.
• May occasionally travel to suburban locations.
• May be required to transport materials for meetings, interviews, etc.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Job ID: 63863