This role reports directly to the VP of Marketing and Product Line Management, operates under minimal general supervision, is given a wide latitude for independent judgment.
The Senior Manager of Marketing will be responsible for developing and implementing go-to-market initiatives involving market penetration and expansion strategies, product and solutions marketing activities, and external communications for DASAN Zhone products and solutions.
Additionally, this individual will play a key role in developing the company?s marketing strategy, the maintenance and evolution of the corporate website, and will be a highly visible corporate evangelist with customers, partners and media/analysts, as well as internal stakeholders. The role will require tight collaboration with global sales and product line management teams, and will drive key objectives by:
- Gathering and communicating market intelligence related to bandwidth drivers, growth reasons, market share, and competitive positioning
- Implementing marketing strategy with press, analyst, event marketing, and lead-gen programs
- Providing leadership in the development of sales/partner training and selling collateral
- Providing competitive, strategic, and tactical positioning for RFx activities and business offers to achieve corporate KPIs and to help sales teams drive revenue
- Organizing and supporting DASAN Zhone?s presence at tradeshows, customer events, industry forums, and analyst activities
- Creating and maintaining product information and brochures as portfolios and trends evolve
- Creating compelling and innovative digital content targeted at a wide variety of audiences
- Liaising regularly with product line management, sales, and professional services to ensure corporate messaging is adjusted as customer interests and/or deployment trends evolve.
- Demonstrated ability of developing and implementing innovative business and marketing plans
- Broad understanding of broadband access, packet switching, and mobile backhaul solutions
- Proven experience recognizing and tailoring solution requirements as they differ between operator, internet service provider, mobile carrier, and enterprise markets
- Must have the ability to translate technical capabilities into clear and concise benefit statements
- Proven track record leveraging remote resources in a geographically diverse team
- Must possess excellent presentation, interpersonal, communication, and writing skill
- Highly-proficient writing intellectually stimulating content for blogs, white papers, presentations, success stories, case studies, and thought leadership articles.
- Must have fanatical attention to detail and an eye for quality
- Must possess creative ingenuity, original thought and be an outside of the box problem solver
- Must have highly-effective organizational skills and proficient at driving schedules
- Must be highly-proficient with the use of Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Must be fluent in English; Spanish or Korea a plus
- >5yrs marketing/product line/revenue management experience in the telecom and semiconductor field with a strong technical/engineering background.
- Business or BSEE/MSEE degree, or equivalent work experience. MBA a plus
- Must be ready to work in the United States and willing to travel up to 20%
- Alpharetta, Georgia (preferred) or Oakland, California