Senior Manager, Marketing Communications
5 - 7 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
If you're looking for a career in a company that's evolving, has a great culture and amazing opportunities within the Healthcare Industry, AMN Healthcare is the clear choice. As America's largest and most respected health care staffing and management services company, we are the recognized leader in nursing, physician, and allied professionals. As part of the AMN team you'll work with motivated team members who have pride in - and passion for - what they do. Guided by our core values, we remain steadfast to our commitment to career growth and development for all levels of team members so they may navigate their own future and grow with the company. AMN will help you reach your professional and personal goals everyday while making a meaningful contribution. Experience for yourself The AMN Difference!
The Senior Manager, Marketing Communications is responsible for overseeing the development and management of AMN’s Client and Corporate Marketing Communications efforts. This leader directs the design, development and execution of tactical marketing communications plans across multiple channels for all AMN brands including the corporate brand. As the creative arm of the organization this leader is responsible for managing brand aesthetics and identity ensuring guidelines are developed and achieved for all strategic brand initiatives. This role leverages prior experience in: marketing enablement, project management, tradeshow and event management, graphics management and art direction, creative and production, media management, webinar design, sales and client presentation support, marketing communications and sales support. In addition, this role partners closely with leadership to manage the Client Advisory Board relationships and meetings, both virtual and in-person, and leads the Healthcare Workforce Summit as event project lead.
This role also supports affiliation and association relationship management with designing compelling partnership opportunities, including: speakerships, webinars, co-branded campaigns, and special events, and institutes success metrics across all marketing activities. This role will promote and embed thought leadership and solution selling best practices across all marketing programs.
The Senior Manager will partner with the AVP, Corporate Communications to leverage thought leadership and develop compelling content in support of key Brand Strategy initiatives. This role will oversee staff project management as necessary; assist in the execution of promotions and projects aimed at enhancing client acquisition and retention; work closely with the Senior Director, Brand Management to align brand strategy in key marketing channels, including: tradeshows, events, webinars, advisory council, and in the design execution of print and online materials, including the corporate website and other brand websites.
- Individual responsibilities and job tasks may depend on the needs of the business/brand.
- Maintain broad expertise across these areas to lead a team to execute Marketing Strategic Objectives: tradeshow project management, event design & project management, marketing operations support, corporate website support, social media strategy support, brand management support, integration project management support.
- Provide Marketing operations support, including managing the tradeshow & events budget with the Director, Insights & Experience, ensuring adherence to budget, Return on Investment (ROI)/ Return on Event (ROE) and supporting Marketing Brand Strategy execution for supported client divisions.
- With Sr. Director, Brand Management & Director, Marketing Operations, support marketing campaign execution.
- With the VP and the Sr. Director, Brand Management, support successful integration to optimize and streamline the Marketing function for newly acquired companies
- Manages department budget with oversight from Director and VP
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Digital marketing skills required, including: campaign management, email marketing, social media, search engine optimization.
Sales & Marketing Enablement
- To maximize and support Sales and Account Management efforts, candidate must have a strong proficiency in PowerPoint, including presentation development, template conversions and slide editing and clean up; should be able to help translate Sales vision into an articulate messaging and visuals for sales and client presentations.
- With Brand Managers and graphics design, leads collateral development and management; team ensures sales tools maintenance in Documents Tab in SFDC
- With team, help manage and maintain AMN Brand templates, including corporate PowerPoint template and brand guidelines document
- Develop and coordinate content and copy for articles and marketing campaigns individually and by partnering with communications and content specialists
- List management and campaign execution support, in partnership with Marketing Ops team
Tradeshows & Events
- Leads the strategic event planning and budgeting process, consulting with senior business leaders and executives to understand objectives of trade show/ sponsorship, offer insight on sponsorships, event promotion opportunities, develop tradeshow campaigns, and incorporate primary sales/marketing collateral in order to enhance trade show results.
- Working with Manager, Corporate Marketing and Marketing Specialists, and outside vendors, manage all elements of event sponsorship and trade show execution include all pre-show planning including space reservations, drayage, shipping, staffing and booth set-up. This person leads the strategy for pre-show prep, sales appointment setting support via preshow communications, and post-show follow up.
- Leads the development of event marketing campaigns to drive booth traffic and enhance prospecting efforts for Sales reps in the booth
- Leads successful event execution, including agenda development, speaker management, budget management, vendor management, event registration, sponsorships, content and presentation clean up.
- Designs and reports on key performance indicators (KPIs) to ensure ROE – return on event for all tradeshows and special events
- Project lead for the Healthcare Workforce Summit event
- Participate in 6-10 large projects, and 5+ small projects at a time, including managing the work of direct reports.
- Leads medium to large-sized projects within the Marketing department by planning and assigning action items across individuals.
- Strong degree of autonomy and creativity required.
Art Direction & Graphics Design Management
- In partnership with Sr. Manager, Brand Management, manage and evolve corporate brand positioning
- Oversee development of brand assets across digital and print mediums
- Key leader involved in the AMNHealthcare.com redesign project
- Art director for special projects, including: Community Involvement programs and projects, diversity & inclusion, retention, Connections Intranet platform, company calendar and holiday card project
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Journalism, English or Communications
- 5-7+ years of marketing experience, including experience managing direct reports
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail required
- Strong communication and project management skills required
- Creative design/ Art direction skills required