Capital One, one of Fortune Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For,” is looking for a strategic, customer-insights driven Senior Manager, Partnerships Marketing and Brand Strategy, to accelerate growth and innovation within our Partnerships Marketing Account Management Team. In this role, you will lead multiple Client relationships from a marketing perspective. Specifically, you will manage a team focused on the development and delivery of product value propositions and integrated marketing strategies focused on customer acquisition and loyalty.
For this high-profile Senior Manager role, job responsibilities will require the ability to:
- Build and develop strong relationships with our external Clients while unlocking Capital One capabilities that will help reach program goals.
- Align with Client and Capital One objectives for annual marketing strategy development
- Lead product value proposition strategy efforts collaborating with Clients and internal partners to develop and implement the road map, milestones, and shape the final recommendation to executive leadership. This includes overarching objectives, learning agenda, research plans and analysis strategies.
- Analyze and synthesize customer behavior data, business results, marketplace trends and research insights to further advance marketing strategy proposals.
- Ensure product value propositions are integrated into creative strategies and customers’ experiences with cohesive and compelling brand narratives.
- Identify opportunities to repair, enhance and innovate experiences central to delivering upon brand vision - with an extra focus on digital integration.
- Assess and prioritize strategy and implementation plans balancing customer, partner and Capital One benefits with cost and resource needs.
- Collaborate with multiple cross-functional teams including creative agencies, analytics, research, operations, legal and client/partner.
- Note: This role will require 20-40% travel post pandemic.
A good-fit candidate will have:
- Highly effective communication skills with outstanding writing and presentation abilities to influence cross-functional teams within a large organization and all levels of leadership.
- Experience within or working with a retail organization with deep brand and customer insights.
- Deep digital knowledge both in customer experience solutions and omni-channel marketing strategies.
- Proficiency with analyzing marketing metrics to understand opportunities for growth and optimization.
- Passion and talent to generate and build the case for transformative marketing ideas.
- Experience with a variety of marketing channels (e.g., email, content marketing, social media, experiential).
- Flexibility and attention to detail. Must be able to manage multiple projects and navigate changing priorities while maintaining excellent work.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military Experience.
- At least 7 years of experience in multi-channel campaign development, including research, planning, execution and performance analysis
- At least 4 years of experience in client management
- At least 4 years of experience developing digital marketing campaigns for email, display and social media channels
- At least 2 years of leadership experience in building teams, leading and developing direct reports
- At least 2 years of experience in B2C or retail marketing
- MBA or graduate degree with marketing relevant coursework (Market Research, Marketing, Sociology, Psychology, Behavioral Economics).
- At least 4 years of experience in creating and delivering presentations to influence senior audiences
- At least 3 years of experience in a retail organization
- At least 3 years of experience working with leadership and clients across multiple geographic locations
- At least 3 years of experience in Financial Services
- Experience leading / working in cross-functional teams in a matrixed environment