Senior Manager, Marketing Analytics & Insights
Industry Marketing San Jose, California
Reporting into the VP, Head of Marketing, the Senior Manager, Marketing Analytics & Insights will drive our marketing data, reports, and analytics toprovide insights on how to improve marketing initiatives across the organization. The ideal candidate has deep knowledge of marketing and loves to dig into data, polish processes, and is an analytics expert who is adept at uncovering and communicating key takeaways in an understandable way. This role will champion data driven decision making by providing insights into strategic opportunities for the company.
- Be a company expert on marketing data and lead cross-functional projects using advanced data modeling and analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities.
- Oversee the design, delivery of reports and insights that analyze business functions and key operations and performance metrics.
- Collaborate with marketing leadership to develop data analytics and marketing strategy, goals, project plans; build models, reports and KPIs that lead to better, more impactful insights and business understanding to create an integrated holistic view of marketing success to maximize effectiveness of marketing programs.
- Drive interpretation, socialization and adoption of all marketing learnings/insights and synthesize data from multiple sources to enhance value of performance reporting capabilities and deliverables to drive deeper understanding of customer journeys.
- Prepare and present monthly/quarterly dashboards that help optimize marketing investments, influence strategic priorities and prove the effectiveness, value and ROI of marketing initiatives.
- Analyze data collected and communicate results and business impacts of insight initiatives to management.
- Analyze buying cycles, win-loss and lifetime value data to improve marketing and sales strategies.
- Develop graphs, reports, presentations and quality marketing dashboards to track key success metrics for the team and executive leadership.
- Manage the marketing database to ensure data quality and identify the need for data enrichment/cleansing.
- Provide market and competitive evaluation reports in a timely manner by monitoring trends in competitor activity.
- Provide data insights ranging from click attribution to media mix modeling to optimize marketing campaigns on various channels.
- Use excellent technical skills to access information from various structured and unstructured data source.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Marketing Research, Statistics, Mathematics or a related field; MBA is HIGHLY desired.
- 7+ years of experience analyzing large datasets; ideally marketing operations
- Deep understanding of the marketing funnel as a whole.
- A self-starter and true team player able to work independently and brings a positive attitude
- Highly detail-oriented individual who has the ability to influence cross-functional teams.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and to meet changing deadlines and priorities on multiple simultaneous projects.
- Experience using analytics techniques to contribute to company growth efforts, increasing revenue and other key business outcomes.
- Ability to present clear and concise reports/infographics/charts to various audiences; experience with visual reporting and data visualization tools (Tableau, etc.).
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, consulting and business partner management skills with extensive experience creating databases and building dashboards using all relevant data to scale decision-making.
- Strong presentation skills that illuminate data insights in ways that ordinary (non-analytics) people can relate to it and use it to improve performance.
- Strong storytelling, presentation design, and verbal communication that delivers the meaning behind the data and builds a 'narrative' from the data to drive meaningful discussions with business leaders.
- Strong knowledge of scientific instrument industry marketing strategies.
- Strong organizational, meeting management, and delegation skills.
- Exceptional technical aptitude, qualitative analytical and advanced problem-solving skills with a deep understanding of using data to not only anticipate but answer the rightquestions to drive systematic growth.