Senior Manager, Market Support
8 - 10 years experience • Insurance
Why Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts?
With almost 3 million members and roughly 50% of the market share, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (BCBSMA) is a not for profit health insurance company in Massachusetts committed to making quality health care affordable. A career at BCBSMA offers many opportunities to make an impact on one of the biggest issues facing the U.S economy: health care cost. Growth opportunities, new challenging assignments, and coaching are available to help you on your career path.
Why the Business and Actuarial Analytics Department?
The Business and Actuarial Analytics team informs corporate strategy in critical areas including competitiveness, affordability, profitability, provider payment reform and health care policy. As a manager on the Business and Actuarial Analytics team, you will lead a team of 2- 3 analysts and work with a rich dataset and a robust well-established Enterprise Data Warehouse to identify emerging drivers of health care trend and cost, market pressures, and profitability for BCBSMA accounts and members. In a constantly evolving health care system, you will have the opportunity to lead the development of innovative models to design and analyze new products, provider payment structures, and health care delivery mechanisms that will lower cost and improve the quality of care provided to our accounts and members.
What are we looking for in an applicant?
The ideal candidate has a background in a quantitative field. Experience in working with large data sets and data driven decision-making is required. Also essential is the ability to lead projects with close attention to detail, focus on results, and the ability to effectively present results. The candidate in this position is required to constantly innovate, challenge assumptions, and generate new ideas and process improvements.
The Senior Manager of Market Support will lead a team of 2-3actuarial, financial and technical professionals. Cultivating a high performing team of associates and effectively managing their professional development is a key requirement. Finally, we are seeking a team player with the ability to collaboratewithothers towards shared goals.
- Use of software for data analysis; specifically spreadsheet and database systems (e.g. MS Excel, MS Access), data extraction and manipulation (e.g. COGNOS, SAS), data visualization (e.g. Tableau) and analytic automation (e.g. scripting, macros).
- Time management skills to lead and execute on a variety of projects under specific time restraints
- Strong written and oral communication skills in a variety of settings
- Creative problem solving skills
- Exceptional analytical skills and technical expertise
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degreerequiredwith a focus in Math, Business, Health Care or related field strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 7-10 years of experiencepreferably in healthcare or related industry in a leadership role