The Market Intelligence Lead will be focused on detecting market trends and interpreting its consequences for the firm and informing the future courses of action to ensure West Monroe's long-term growth. They should have the ability to identify market patterns and themes relevant to the firm, assessing key changes in our industry, and organize and present these to senior firm leadership. He/she will be responsible for rolling up his/her sleeves to not only uncover insights and conduct the research, but also create clear and concise deliverables, while collaborating with Strategic Growth and Marketing to influence Executive leadership. This person will also be responsible for managing the research budget, vendor relationships and tools to conduct the various analyses.
The right candidate has outstanding interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills, particularly for Executive audiences, and is comfortable and confident providing a data-driven point of view and recommendations to Senior Leadership. He/she will have the opportunity to work closely with the Executive Leadership Team of West Monroe Partners, the Chief Strategy Officer and Chief Marketing Officer while reporting into the Strategy Team Lead.
Please note that this is an internal Strategy role within Shared Services. Initially, the scope of this role is limited to influencing Strategy and Marketing decisions and not supporting client deliverables.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
1. Function Development
- Create, operationalize and lead West Monroe's Market Intelligence Program
- Manage third party research partners to support market research activities
2. Actionable Insights Development
- Contextualize external market trends into strategic implications for the various internal functions and leadership teams
- Conduct research on the consulting landscape (including competitive research) market for strategic planning process
- Drive market research to uncover, understand and prioritize markets we serve and services we offer (including new innovations)
- Develop a thorough, research-based understanding of the needs of our target markets
- Lead market sizing and target addressable market for new market entry
- Conduct market scans for alliance partners and acquisition targets
- A minimum of 10+ years relevant experience in the market intelligence, corporate strategy or similar insights driven role
- Deep knowledge and subject matter proficiency in spotting emerging trends preferably with proficiency in emerging technologies
- Experience building a Market Intelligence function from the ground up, including processes, deliverables, etc.
- Exceptional research skills using a variety of quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Ability to tell a story and provide a point of view and recommendation using data to influence leaders, primarily C-level executives
- Successful track record of executing market research projects from start to finish (i.e., hands on research experience)
- A high degree of autonomy, independence and executive presence; Self-direct management of multiple projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop relationships both internally and externally including analysts
- Experience working in a market research firm or leading market research for B2B business; strong understanding of the consulting industry and technology landscape preferred
- Bachelor's degree in business, market research, statistics or other related field of study
- Experience working under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment