Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
- Responsible for the leadership and management of Intelsat’s maritime managed solutions and services. Provide leadership to the team; establish KPIs; define market segments / size opportunities; define service offerings / competition/ positioning; define service delivery; develop business models and associated investment business cases and develop relationships with key customers.
- Leadership: Provide a positive leadership style that embeds a spirit of competitiveness and winning across the market vertical team: Work through others as an Enterprise Leader: Identify and build cross-functional relationships to drive strategic initiatives - must be a manager, not a “doer”; Make decisions: Move forward despite uncertainty and an enormous amount of potentially relevant information; Create a team culture of forward movement and accountability. Be a change agent: Set clear goals and KPIs. Drive resolution to issues as they arise. Analyze successes /failures to identify opportunities for improvement
- Financial Planning & Reporting: Manage the P&L for the market vertical. Consistently look for growth in revenue and profitability: Create sector revenue plan with Sales and Marketing management for increased revenue and market-share; Support the commercialization of managed services in key strategic opportunities and customers. Create and implement capex and opex plans with product managers for the Intelsat services to be delivered in each market sector; Provide input into Intelsat fleet deployment planning to optimize capex spending; Lead monthly program reviews to define success, performance gaps and action plans.
- Define and Deliver Service Offerings: Direct product, marketing and sales teams through the definition of B2B customer use cases to drive service and feature-set development; Prioritize service requirements for support Organizations: Innovation, Product Development, Market Development, NetworkEngineering and Operations; Ensure development of coherent service strategy and pricing from Mhz to end-to-end service offerings.
- Global and Regional Go-To-Market Plans: Develop and deploy (global and regional) go-to-market plans to enable sales to maximize focus and revenues: Deliver go-to-market plans for direct and partner sales via product managers and marketing; Drive the continued development and use of key account plans in each market sector; Ensure clarity between direct, partnered and channelsales activities.
- Build and Manage the Market Sector Team: Build a world class Market Sector team by emphasizing the correct hiring, development and management of personnel: Identify and hire the right product management skills/talent; Partner with Global Sales and CSE leadership to develop the most effective customer engagement team for current and future services; Provide or recommend corrective plans where course correction is required. Utilize coaching as a key methodology to shape individual and team behaviors.
- Customer Relationships: Develop personal relationships with Intelsat top 10 clients in your market sector. Key Relationships: Partner with the Global Sales VP and CSE global Director to field the best customer team; Lead and coach the Product teams; Ensure that Marketing team is delivering on Product, Regional and Channel actions/content; Partner with Intelsat FP&A team to develop 5 year plan along with P&L tracking and reporting; Provide product & operational priorities to Operations.
- Develop and manage a portfolio of services to grow revenue and share in key maritime segments.
- Provide tools for Sales to execute on Plan (Use Case / SLA / Proposal template / Presentation).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Good presentation skills
- Organization and process skills
- Business and technical knowledge of relevant communications eco-system components
- Knowledge of the businesses of maritime end users across key verticals: cruise, commercial shipping, leisure/yacht, offshore energy