Reporting to the Director New Product Development, the Senior Manager of Manufacturing Process Development manages the NPM/NPI Manufacturing Engineering, Process Engineering, and Tool Engineering groups. These operations teams are engaged in the launch of New Products and the development efforts of new or improved manufacturing processes. The candidate provides technical expertise, leadership and direction to manufacturing engineering, production operations and product development. Will manage the global capabilities among the product line. Works within the (Blue Ribbon) team environment with product development as well as operations and quality divisions for new product & process launches.
- Oversees the activities related to the development, implementation, and technical support towards sustaining or improving functions in a product manufacturing process.
- Plans and directs implementation of equipment, tooling and process modifications to improve production efficiencies, manufacturing techniques and production yields for existing products.
- Acts as engineering liaison with product design and development to ensure processes and designs are compatible. Drive concurrent engineering efforts with a Design for Manufacturability/Assembly & Test methodology
- Lead rigorous application of SQP (APQP) during the NPI process with focus on Process FMEA and process controls to insure a no defect manufacturing process and quality launch.
- Lean Methodology to eliminate waste and drive continuous process improvement opportunities to promote safety, quality, efficiency and effectiveness
- Approves tooling, equipment and process modifications to improve production efficiencies, manufacturing techniques and production yields for existing products.
- Approves new tooling & equipment processes that increases manufacturing capabilities, increase quality, and decrease processing costs.
- Provides technical assistance and guidance to Manufacturing, Design Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering and Tool Engineers
- Assists with defining processing equipment requirements and specifications, and the review of processing techniques applied in the manufacture and evaluation of products.
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing Engineering or related Engineering field.
- Graduate degree in PM or MBA is desirable.
- Minimum of 15 years of wide-ranging experience in the development, implementation, and technicalsupport with sustaining or improving product manufacturing process with responsibility for results, including costs and methods.
- Well-versed in structured development and improvement techniques such as Design for Manufacturability/Assembly & Test, APQP, Lean, and Six-Sigma
- Experience using methodologies like 5 Why, 8D, 6 Sigma and Shainin to solve problems.
- Thorough understanding of the core processes relevant to production launch such as manufacturing process documentation, material availability and sourcing needs, MRP setup requirements, etc.
- Demonstrated ability of working on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Demonstrated experience in determining the best use of resources to meet goals of assignments received in the form of objectives.
- Able to lead cooperative efforts among members of project teams.
- Able to follow processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Able to develop and administers schedules, and establish performance requirements
- Experience with preparing and adhering to a budget
- Able to provide guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company policies.
- Experience with advising subordinates how to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems.
- Responsible for the talent management and development of the department.
- Must be fluent in the English language with the ability to effectively communicate throughout the organization in both written and verbal form.
- Spanish or Mandarin language communication skills a plus.