The successful candidate will be responsible for directing and executing all the technical strategy for the plant and sustaining initiatives for the manufacturing facility. This position will manage all engineering departments associated with this effort and also take an active role in driving development projects, value engineering and innovation initiatives.
Nature of Duties/Responsibilities:
- Manages the plant engineering department and take an active role in driving development projects, value engineering and innovation initiatives to ensure consistent evaluation and documentation of processes, adequate configuration and preventative maintenance of systems and equipment, and innovative direction to reduce cost and improve sustainability.
- Develops and maintains design for manufacturability standards.
- Manages the design for manufacturability of Verb product designs, using concurrent engineering methodology.
- Maintains weekly Accountability Meetings with subordinates.
- Prepares/delivers Performance Evaluations as required to promote accountability and efficiency oversee and educate subordinates as it relates regulatory compliance and company policies.
- Develops bills of material, manufacturing method sheets and allied production documentation.
- Develops manufacturing flows.
- Recommends appropriate fabrication processes considering, functionality, volumes and cost targets.
- Owns the technical relationship with product suppliers.
- Works with project and design management, develop product transfer plans and schedules.
- Develops and manages transfer plans for new products, product upgrades, and engineering changes.
- Manages the process of draft and design layout of equipment, materials and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency.
- Investigates and diagnoses causes of breakdowns and develops programs and solutions to reduce/eliminate future occurrences.
- Coordinates with the production department on the scheduling of down times for repair and maintenance of equipment.
- Develops and implements preventative and predictive maintenance programs to improve reliability.
- Evaluates current processes and develop, implement and maintain all changes with consideration of long term Lean Production system design and techniques.
- Drives processes development to optimize efficient process flow, reduce process or product variability, improve process capability and improve employee safety.
- Develops and maintains critical departmental Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Coordinates maintenance, engineering and process development initiatives to ensure increased efficiencies.
- Coordinates preventative and predictable maintenance activities as it relates to production enhancements.
- Ensures effective interdepartmental relationships to meet the assigned goals of the organization.
Education and Experience
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering required.
- Minimum 10 years of engineering management experience required.
- Familiarity with design for manufacturability, considering a balance of cost, serviceability, manufacturability, reliability, assembly time and quality.
- Expertise in parts fabrication techniques, including; molding, precision machining casting, sheet metal fabrication, welding, cable assembly, etc.
- Excellent small cross-functional team leadership skills
- Functional management ability, including recruiting, skills and career development, goals and objectives setting and management, performance management
- Experience with budgeting managing to a budget and headcount planning
- Verbal presentation skills commensurate with a technical audience.