DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will beagile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advancepatient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own. The purpose of the role is to lead and manage the manufacturing, process and maintenanceengineering functions in support of production. This will involve the development & delivery oftechnologies and solutions to support the quality, performance, and delivery of products and enhancement of value to our customers. The role with require the use of project management,lean manufacturing, six-sigma, manufacturing maintenance excellence and innovation management principles and tools within the site.The position is a member of the site leadership and regionalengineering management teams. KEY COMPETENCIESREQUIRED (TO PERFORM THE JOB TO ACCEPTABLE STANDARD)
- Flexible work ethic
- Strong influencing skills - Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Problem solving skills – To assist in maintaining project progress and on design and process issues.
- Decision Making – Required to make decisions on technical and management issues.
- Degree of responsibility – Must be capable of managing and developing the team.
- Excellent Planning & Organizing Skills
Extent of Confidentiality - Discretion is essential in view of contact with outside parties, product development strategies & regulatory
- Degree in Engineering, Science or a related Discipline.
- Minimum of 8years overall industrialengineeringexperience
- Minimum of 3 years experience managing and leading engineers or other technical personnel.
- Experience in leading new product introductions
- Managing cross functional teams.
- Program and project management qualifications and expertise
- Strong track record in business case development in a technical environment and associated record of significant improvements in industry
- Held senior technical/management role in a regulated, high tech industry.
- The ability to develop individuals within an organization
- Experience in Developing and adhering to budget expectations.
- Ability to see the big picture and plan strategically to take the organization to the next level.
- This position could require up to 10% travel both domestic and international.
Preferred Skills include:
- An advanced degree such as MBA, MSc/Ph.D. in Science, Engineering or a related Discipline
- Experience with managing a Maintenance function in a regulated industry
- Automation experience for low to medium volume production
- Experience working in a CNC manufacturing environment
- Material Science or Metallurgy experience
- Proven Change Management Skills
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification and or Lean Manufacturing experience
Requisition ID: 5173170702