The Senior Manager of Managed Markets will oversee all activities related to payer customers for defined geography for Almirall products. This role will work closely to secure and manage market access with defined PBM’s, National and Regional Accounts in payer space and applicable Federal Programs (Medicare Part D etc) to secure product access and position Almirall as a leader in the field of dermatology. In addition, this individual will be responsible for patient access to Almirall products within a select number of targeted payers and key provider organizations. Assess product positioning and develop strategic plans for assigned Commercial, Medicare and key Government Agencies. They will partner with executives of assigned payers to create mutually beneficial business relationships, and it will require cross coordination between the Finance, Marketing, Sales and other key departments. Travel will be necessary to maintain and manage key customers in managed markets.
· Develop and maintain strong account relationships and ensuring appropriate access through national and regional payers.
· Responsible for all account management related responsibilities for the launching of new products.
· Develop pre-launch and post-launch strategies as they relate to market access for new and existing promoted products.
· Responsible for the contributing to the development and execution of account management strategy. Develop short and long term business planning that addresses overall divisional, corporate and brand initiatives and goals.
· Negotiate, manage and implement Market Access contracts that align with Managed Care guardrails in the marketplace for a portfolio of drugs.
· Analyze Market Access reports and tools to support field sales teams and coordinate with Regional Sales Managers on pull through activities.
· Develop and managing payer customer contacts, including monitoring and extracting data, working with accounts to maintain and enhance Almirall customer relationships.
· Provide frequent market segment updates to commercial leadership and functional area partners. Identify important provider and payer trends as well as competitive intelligence that may affect product utilization.
· Participate in district, regional and national meetings to educate the Company on market access. Train sales management, the sales force and new hires so there is complete understanding of the process for handling issues around account management.
· Coordinate with the finance personnel on PBM, Account contracts to manage accruals and track monthly invoices and needed inputs for forecasting.
· Cross-functional collaboration to ensure appropriate market coverage and support to assigned payer accounts including evaluation of competitive activity, identification of key opportunities and development of specific market objectives and tactics that optimize business performance.
· Develop advocacy networks to overcome patient access barriers. Work closely with Almirall to ensure patient access and programs are properly utilized.
· Focus on a vertical integration plan within all targeted Commercial and Medicare Payers
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or Life Science
· Minimum seven (7) years of experience in a commercial stage pharmaceutical organization; (3) to (5) years in payer account management including experience with specialty therapeutics
· Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, MS Access & SQL; familiarity with data visualization tools
· Highly organized with strong project management skills
· Ability and willingness to travel extensively, up to 60% of the time
· Experience in contract negotiation
· Strong proven relationships with regional commercial payers and the Medicare arena
· Ability to identify, develop, communicate and execute on business strategies based on segment opportunities
· Ability to think strategically and critically
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Must be pro-active and able to work well with minimal supervision
· Strong organizational, teamwork and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work in coordination with other departments
Valid through: 9/22/2020
$80K — $100K
2 days ago