Senior Manager - Managed Care Consulting
8 - 10 years experience • Consulting
Mazars USA is the independent U.S. member firm of Mazars Group, one of the largest global audit, tax, consultancy, and advisory firms. We are seeking experienced individuals with previous health care and/or consulting experience to join our rapidly expanding Healthcare Services Group.
Clients include academic medical centers, integrated health systems, community hospitals, large physician practices and payor organizations primarily on the East and West Coast. This position offers an exciting opportunity within an innovative and expanding domestic and global organization.
This is a highly challenging position where the candidate must rely on strong analytical, creative and interpersonal skills, which are essential for growing the healthcare practice.
The candidate will be responsible for overseeing multiple client engagements, and leading an experienced team in a highly collaborative environment. The candidate must maintain awareness of current healthcare industry trends, and demonstrate the flexibility to respond to new ideas and approaches.
This position will work with senior management and the healthcare analytics team to develop business strategies, new healthcare product offerings, cultivate new client opportunities and advise clients on optimal solutions unique to their organization’s needs.
- Develop and manage project teams of experienced consultants, working with a variety of clients from payors, to hospitals, to large physician practices and otherhealthcare organizations
- Identify and implement capabilities for client transformations in managed care as they confront healthcare reform
- Responsible for business development via new client engagements, and expanding existing client business through understanding of a client’s specific business goals, strategy, financials and challenges
- Provide subject matter expertise, analytic interpretation and development of healthcare offerings to build capabilities for clients and the Mazars organization
- Cultivate and implement high-level strategy for managed care organizations’ seeking to transition to value-based arrangements, overseeing data analysis, financial modeling, planning & operational integration
- Support clients in their movement toward healthcare’s Triple Aim, through oversight of managed care contracting, financial analysis and performance improvement initiatives
- Awareness of new state and federal regulations and industry standards for commercial and government based managed care programs
- Directly manage client relationships, working with the C-suite team to provide support & report project progress
- Maintain visibility in the healthcare market including participation in networking functions, industry sponsored events and writing articles to enhance the presence of the healthcare practice
- Ability to execute multiple projects simultaneously and achieve successful results
- Responsible for growing internal practice through oversight of staff engagement productivity, subject matter expert development & implementation of ongoing training on healthcare policy
- Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field
- Minimum 7 years of managed care experiencerequired, either at a healthcare consultancy, managed care organization or large health system
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Contracting and reimbursement knowledge
- Operational experience
- Business development experience
- Highly organized with capability to prioritize workload is critical to success
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive Medical and Dental Plans
- 401(k) Plan
- You will be part of an exciting and collaborative culture, where hard work is valued and excellence is rewarded