Job ID: BEC009306
Location: Brea, CA
Sr. Mgr. Major Account Contracting– North America
Purpose:To develop knowledge, processes and best practices in major account contract & price development. To define requirements, generates Business & Price Analysis, monitors performance, negotiates pricing and terms, and ensures compliance with internal & external contracting requirements.
- Oversees Complex Contracts & Deals desk supporting BCI’s responses to IDN contract requests.
- Manages the development of specialized and/or major contracts by analyzing business case, proposed pricing, price compliance and Terms & Conditions in compliance with BCI contracting standards
- In conjunction with the IDN Sales team, negotiates complex contract requirements in accordance with legal and company regulations and policies.
- Negotiates price, terms and conditions, and other business issues within scope of responsibility.
- Ensures contract provisions are clear and conform to company policy.
- Responsible for oversight of the pricing approval process within BCI across all product categories.
- Including review of financials, competitive information and justification.
- Monitors contract performance by determining compliance to contract requirements and determining the need for amendments or extensions to the contract.
- Determines when customer directed changes are out-of-scope.
- Recommends deal specific actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses.
- Analyzes proposed changes in methods, equipment, and/or configurations.
- Acts as internal point of contact with the customer on assigned contracts and participates in customer presentations & negotiations as needed.
- Maintains current professional and technical knowledge and may participate in professional associations (e.g. The National Contract Management Association (NCMA or the International Association of Commercial Contract Management).
- Complies with the federal, state, and medical device regulations; ensures adherence to requirements and advises management on needed actions.
- Provide guidance to his contracts & deal development team, and the business team.
- Acts as prime contact on high level projects.
- Shares specialized knowledge with others; trains and mentors less experienced employees.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) in Business Administration, Finance or a related discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through eight or more years of progressive experience.
- Thorough knowledge of contract administration principles, industry practices, regulations, and policies.
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements related to contract administration, government procurement, and export compliance if applicable.
- Proficient in the use of standard business applications software and specialized in-house and customer systems.
- Ability to negotiate effectively to obtain best prices and terms on products, materials, and services.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to team members, customers, and senior management.
- Extensive knowledge of the Medical device / Diagnostic Market as well as bundled / surcharged / cross product line price models.
- Proven successful experience in a contract management/sales operations management role
- Ability to lead, coach, and develop team members
- Decisions and results have significant impact on company resources & objectives
- Contract management certification