Provides leadership for all industrial and process engineering activities for Tech Data distribution centers, configuration and assembly operations, and corporate processes. Provides leadership and management of the engineering staff including defining and setting of goals, projects and initiatives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Required
- Provide engineering support for facility operating and design, engineering, and existing facilities, facility expansions, and new facilities including layout, design, space planning, material handling, equipment specification and associated process design, improvement and documentation. (30%)
- Leads 'time in motion' studies and standard operating procedure documentation. (20%)
Coordinates engineering support for all safety and ergonomic engineering of all operations, including process evaluation and improvement. (20%)
- Provides general guidance and leadership to the engineering staff including defining goals and objectives of the staff that are in support of logistics and company objectives. (30%)
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Additional duties as assigned
- Meets attendance and punctuality standards
Qualifications, Required Knowledge Skills & Abilities and Working Conditions
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5 Years of relevant work experience.
- 3 to 5 Years of experience directly managing / supervising employees.
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor's Degree with engineering field of study required.
- Distribution center environment may include: exposure to extremetemperatures; high noise levels; high places; wet and/or humid conditions; and outside weather conditions
- Occasional non-standard work hours or overtime as business requires.
- Professional, office environment.
- Frequent TravelRequired (50%)
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Able to perform advanced data analysis.
- Able to recognize and attend to important details with accuracy and efficiency.
- Able to communicate clearly and convey necessary information.
- Able to create and conduct formal presentations.
- Able to interact effectively with all levels of management.
- Possesses strong leadership skills with a willingness to lead, create new ideas, and be assertive.
- Possesses strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion.
- Able to constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines.
- Able to maintain and promote social, ethical, and organizational standards in conducting internal and external business activities.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Able to build solid, effective working relationships with others.
- Able to quickly learn new systems and technology.
- Able to use relevant computer system applications at an advanced level.
Apply for this job online Share on your newsfeed Tech Data is an equal opportunity organization. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Req Number 2017-18679