About the Role
Strategic Initiatives Senior Managers are the people responsible for identifying, developing and executing key projects to ensure that our Support teams operate and grow efficiently. In a typical day, Senior Managers may work to define the value of a new initiative, run and refine experiments to drive operational efficiencies, dive into data to explain performance at the lowest level of detail, build tools that allow teams to scale their work 10x, and work side-by-side with external teams to develop our Support products in Phoenix.
Our best team members are self-motivated, highly analytical, data-driven, and have exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills. They are generalists who are willing to roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to make the business successful. Think this is you? Read on�
You�re excited about this opportunity because you will�
- Strategize - Innovate and execute on unique strategies across our Phoenix Support organization
- Engage � implement scalable initiatives and best practices to ensure a world-class operation
- Experiment � Use data-driven decision making and sound business judgment to run tests on everything from case handle times to workforce organization
- Analyze � Build models to evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of various programs and experiments
- Influence � Work cross-functionally with our Operations, Product, Engineering, Analytics, etc. teams to drive strategic initiatives and harness opportunities.
We�re excited about you because...
- You're a self-starter � You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- You're a problem solver � You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- You're accountable - You want to own the outcome and make an impact on our most critical growth and efficiency metrics
- You're entrepreneurial � You crave responsibility and want to shape the vision and direction of the company
- You're a generalist � You seek exposure to different types of problems and want to try your hand at different sides of the business
- You can be gritty � You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful
- You're a relationship-builder � You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions
- 5+ years of experience in consulting, strategy, business development, operations, technology, banking, analytics or related experience; high-growth or early-stage start-up experience is a plus
- Proven track record of leading initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- Expert communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced Excel skills; SQL knowledge is a plus
Why You�ll Love Working at DoorDash...
- We are a technologically and data-driven business committed to�our clients and connected through our vision of �Delivering Good�
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- We are challenged, developed and have meaningful impact
- We take what we do seriously. We don�t take ourselves seriously
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
- We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits and great perks
- Most importantly, you will be proud to say that you work for DoorDash and the work you do will bring joy to our clients every day!
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in more than 3,300 cities across the United States and Canada.
We want to share our revolutionary logistics technology with every business around the world, to streamline how our cities and local economies work. Make no mistake, it isn�t going to be easy, and our mission isn�t for the faint of heart. But if you�re daring, and you want to make a dent, let�s chat. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about � one dash at a time.