This is a pivotal role responsible for developing and delivering the strategic priorities of the CLO operations function. The role will be supported by and oversee direct reports. The ideal candidate must have flexibility to adapt to changing priorities, business drivers and organizational needs. We are seeking a results-oriented professional with effective execution skills, the ability to operate autonomously in a fast-paced environment and work proactively with various teams across CLO.
- Translate the CLO team goals and priorities into a strategic plan. Work with members of the CLO team to drive, track, and report progress.
- Assist team with day-to-day department operations, including reporting, dashboarding, budgeting, and program management.
- Prepare reports and presentations for executive meetings. Assist with collection and assessment of benchmarks/metrics/KPIs.
- Own CLO technology solutions, such as contract management, records management, matter management, docketing, e-billing and workflow automation tools, to drive efficiency, collaboration and departmental alignment.
- Oversee and own the design, development and delivery of strategic department-wide programs using industry experience, tracking trends and collecting relevant benchmarking to influence department initiatives.
- Ensure existing organizational policies, process, playbooks and guidelines are effectively documented and accessible; identify opportunities for improvement and implement solutions.
- Responsible for efficient outside counsel and vendor management lifecycle, including engagement, performance measurement, program compliance and billing guidelines.
- Facilitate transparent and easily accessed legal practice and operations information to support global legal staff performing their responsibilities at the highest possible level of effectiveness and efficiency.
- A minimum of ten (10+) years of experience, preferably in a legal or compliance environment, consulting or project management
- Experienced people manager with a demonstrated ability to successfully build and manage dynamic teams.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.)
- CPA, MBA or JD preferred.
- In-House global legal operations experience preferrred
- A demonstrated ability to successfully lead cross functional teams to build and adhere to meaningful budgets that support team and corporate profitability goals, and to drive down costs.
- Superior organizational skills, extraordinary attention to detail, and a mindset that processes can always be improved.
- Must be confident, highly collaborative, and able to operate in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment independently.
- Demonstrated business aptitude and ability to move quickly, and execute flawlessly; adept at scaling.
- Initiative, integrity, resilience, and ability to manage multiple large-scale projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and comfortable dealing with all levels of an organization.
- Superior written and oral communication skills, with strong ability to communicate concisely with a wide variety of audiences, including senior management and key external stakeholders, and proven ability to partner with, engage, influence and align stakeholders.
- Understanding of law firm or other similar professional services billing and pricing, and experience with alternative fee arrangements.
- Understanding of litigation and transaction matter lifecycles.
- Attention to detail with excellent time management and multitasking/prioritization abilities.
- Experience working with large, geographically dispersed teams is preferred.
- Experience in developing reports that not only inform but drive decision making and action.
- Must execute with operational excellence.