Key Responsibilities (Functional):
1. Be the knowledgeable expert on city specific activity, the competitor landscape, market trends & consumer for each of the key categories, with a holistic view of the appropriate distribution mapping in Key Cities.
2. Drive Key City strategic ambition through integral support in execution of city specific plans across all channels
a. City Category Plans
- Alignment on city specific role & objectives linked to consumer knowledge & insights
- Define enablers to win in the city via Product, Retail & Activation
- Providing input at critical points during the GTM process to ensure a city view throughout the seasonal calendar.
b. Wholesale Account Plans
- Own the detail & drive forward the right opportunities within the key account plans of the winning WHS retailers in Key Cities (KA & Local Accounts)
- Ensuring key initiatives align with the category plan objectives & are prioritised to drive the city KPI’s and follow key target areas
1. Digital Partner Development- DPC
2. Access & Segmentation
4. Assets & Activation
c. Retail Product Plans
- Provide consumer insight & local feedback regularly to the Range Planning team to ensure Own Retail (OR) store assortments are aligned with the Key City insights & consumer
- Implement a regular rhythm with Merchandising to ensure ongoing relevance to the city in alignment with local Retail & CTC
d. E-com Key City Plans
- In partnership with the market e-com team develop a strategic intent & plan to target Key City.
- Provide city insights & input to support in the development of e-com Key City plans.
- Closely review Hype product & key story lines to priorities access & allocation for Key City.
e. Trade Zone & Community Plans
- Lead by consumer insights, profile the trade zone (TZ) or Community & define a strategy by category & channel
- Define category & brand barriers & opportunities to win in the TZ
- Highlight the key needs & actions across Product, Retail & Activation in conjunction with Brand Activation
- Implement plan & drive the initiatives via the Account & Retail Plans to propose appropriate opportunities
3. Drive message of cities first by leading vision of what is required for the city aligned with Key City Consumer & Market diagnostics
a. Provide Seasonal City Input
- Define city specific product/retail & activation needs across category & channel linked to relevant assets & activation (Alignment needed across OMNI, Sales, CTC, SPOMA)
b. Co- Creation process
- Define Hyperlocal product needs by category (aligned with BU)- linked to consumer insight & account needs.
- Lead product briefs linked to specific product initiatives i.e. Key City Graphic Tee’s
- Drive segmentation proposal for specific initiatives to align with overall category & city plans.
c. Priorities Access & Allocation at market level to Key City (alignment across Sales, CTC & Local CTC across all channels)
4. Lead key city target setting in conjunction with Finance and key stakeholders (BD, Brand, Retail, e-Com, WHS)
- Use market insights when target setting, long terms target planning & jointly reviewing the progress of the city as part of ongoing scorecard updates.
5. Market expert in the development of the OR business within the city
- Support retail team in recommendations for relocations/ new sites & closures as part of the holistic city door plan
- Provide Consumer mapping city information to support recommendations
- Working closely alongside store management team to support specific needs
- Provide City insights for new doors by defining the role of the door within the specific location (TZA & consumer insights)
- Key Support function in execution of localization for all city doors.
- Ensure new store launches have a focus on newness, exclusivity & hyperlocal product opportunities to maximize impact in the marketplace (in conjunction with merchandising)
6. Provide insight & market input during omnichannel marketing process. Specifically, City Calendar & Brand activation requirements for key cities
7. Manage the Top Door list by updating according to market changes & rank the doors by priority to define importance of doors by category
8. Provide comprehensive & clear updates/needs & focus for SLT meetings and adhoc Senior management visits to highlight progress in cities.
Key City Marketplace KPI’s:
- Consistent Revenue Growth (Net Sales and Sell-Out)
- Market Share – Overall and Category
- Grow city faster than the country.
- BD Lead and Brand Activation Lead to ensure a Key City First Strategy, with clarity of Status , ownership and Action
- NAM and Global KC Team to align against Global KC Strategy and Plan to , agree and implement best practice
- Local BU and CTC Heads to achieve a Key City first strategy and category plan.
- Sales Senior stakeholders – DTC & WHS
- Retail Operations team for consistent interaction on optimization of all Toronto and Vancouver doors
- Merchandising team to drive Retail product vision & needs.
- SLT and GM, to be able to discuss, report and align on actions to progress to achieve KC ambition and objectives
- Brand focus to ensure any product & retail initiatives align with strategy (Omni, Retail Marketing & DBC (eCom & App) + Global BU’s and Trend Marketing Teams for consistent interaction on optimization of all Key City Consumer-facing brand communication and marketing activation initiatives
- VP Brand to align on specific key city enabled initiatives
- Via Key department heads local marketing and media agencies and all partners to provide consultation to ensure optimized implementation of Key City First Strategy
- Key City Marketplace leads to best practice & align on key initiatives that have worked across markets.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Expertise in Marketplace development, gained through operational and strategic exposure in a commercial business capacity
- Strong understanding of sales channel and customer segmentation
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree; MBA a plus
- Change agent comfortable driving transformation and creating clarity within new and ambiguous climates
- Ability to work in a Matrix organisation with experience in influencing Cross-functionally and cross-culturally
- Proven leadership and managerial skills
- Very strong interpersonal skills (e.g. communication, negotiation)
- Proven methodological skills (e.g. business planning, strategic development)
- Extensive knowledge of the adidas Group business along with significant industry experience
- Mental flexibility, initiative and determination
- Fluent in written and spoken English is a must.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.), with an emphasis in Marketing/Business/Retail, MBA is an asset. Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for degree
- Business: minimum 7 years’ experience
- Functional: minimum 5 years commercial experience in the sporting goods industry
- Cross-functional experience
- Industry: sporting goods / retail / consumer good