Job Description: Senior Manager, IT Service Desk
Bloom Energy, a solid oxide fuel cell company, is looking for a Senior Manager for Global IT Service Desk to join its world class team. As Sr. IT Service Desk Manager, you will be responsible for leading the group of service desk technicians and providing technical support for all IT related matters, including laptop and desktop hardware, software, peripherals, desk phones and mobile devices. Candidate will be responsible for deploying new tools/services and managing day to day workload of service desk personnel. This individual will be the point of escalation for any internal service desk related incidents.
Candidate must maintain a professional attitude, creative thinker, problem solver and possess good customer service skills.
Location: The position will be based in our Sunnyvale, CA office
Role and Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of service desk personnel in geographically distributed locations.
- Provide support services to local and remote employees solving issues related to desktop\laptop software, hardware and network services.
- Manage Install, configure and troubleshoot hardware including laptops, workstations, printers, phones, video conference units and mobile devices.
- Respond promptly to escalation for technical assistance via phone, email and in person as needed.
- Provides support and communicates appropriately across multiple levels of the internal organization.
- Prioritizes projects and operations tasks effectively to deliver within defined SLA
- Document case status and provide updates to employee-customer and management in line with client case management guidelines.
- Provide input and help to maintain standard operating procedures, best practices and customer service guidelines relating to client services desktop support.
- Participate in IT projects and complete some project deliverables.
- This position may be required to provide support outside of normal business operating hours.
Technical Skill Requirements:
- 7-10 years of experience in desktop support in a professional environment is required.
- 5+ years of experience in managing a global service desk team.
- Experience in supporting Windows and Mac systems.
- Experience in managing various mobile devices and mobile device management software
- Demonstrates strong customer service focus, analytical, problem solving and teamwork abilities.
- Experience in deploying and supporting endpoint security and asset management software
- Knowledge of Basic Active Directory administration
Education Skill Requirements:
- BS or MS from an accredited college or university with major course work in Computer Science
- Minimum 10 years of experience in service desk support and 5+ years of Managing global service desk team.
- MCSE, Cisco, Mac or other standard IT support certifications is a plus